Another paintball co2 diy project - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 10-24-2006, 01:14 AM   #16
madman280
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

A cheap CO2 regulator is avalible from welding shops for small MIG welders. Usually has a high presure gauge so you'll know when its just about empty. They usually have a 1/4" pipe thread inlet. Adapt that to the paintball remote hose with high presure fittings. Then the solenoid, a needle valve, a check valve, a bubble counter and then to your injection device of choice.
Thats how I made mine, minus the solenoid at the moment. The solenoid I had laying around wasn't rated for 100% duty cycle and over heated. My tanks still lasts about 2 months with my external reactor into my 75 gal bow front tank.

CJ
madman280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2006, 12:26 AM   #17
crazy loaches
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfish View Post
Coil Rating: 24 VDC, 6.9 watts, class F continuous duty service
Coil Termination: 18" lead wires
^ that's for the solenoid, so yes, you'll have to plug the solenoid in to make it work.

The solenoid controls the on/off function of the CO2 flow, and Rex's needle valve will provide finer control of the flow rate into the tank.
You might want to find a 120VAC selenoid instead... unless you happen to find a 24V adapter which is rare or your going to hook up a bunch of bateries to it. if you hook up that selenoid to a regular outlet timer she'll blow.

Last edited by crazy loaches; 10-31-2006 at 01:49 AM..
crazy loaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:49 AM   #18
Snazzy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman280 View Post
A cheap CO2 regulator is avalible from welding shops for small MIG welders. Usually has a high presure gauge so you'll know when its just about empty. They usually have a 1/4" pipe thread inlet. Adapt that to the paintball remote hose with high presure fittings. Then the solenoid, a needle valve, a check valve, a bubble counter and then to your injection device of choice.
Thats how I made mine, minus the solenoid at the moment. The solenoid I had laying around wasn't rated for 100% duty cycle and over heated. My tanks still lasts about 2 months with my external reactor into my 75 gal bow front tank.

CJ
can you give what the regulator name is? and price range on it? i know of a huydrallics store that i pass everyonce and a while but i doubt they have suff for welding...im going to try to find a welding shop around town(shouldnt be hard)
Snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #19
biggecko
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

why no use this? http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod...713_a_7c239900
biggecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:44 AM   #20
hybridtheoryd16
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggecko View Post

This thread was 4 years old.

And its possible that the reg you showed was not availiable at that time. There have been many improvements in co2 reg's for paintball use since 4yrs ago.
hybridtheoryd16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #21
killacross
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

not to mention, it isnt a regulator...its an on/off controller (though you can crudely control bubble rate) and in my experience...its a $35 piece of crap
killacross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #22
hybridtheoryd16
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killacross View Post
not to mention, it isnt a regulator...its an on/off controller (though you can crudely control bubble rate) and in my experience...its a $35 piece of crap
Might want to open the link and take a look. It is not the reg you are thinking of.

On another hand I wish I could find someone selling one of those crapy 35 dollar regulators like you speak of. I would love to have a 3rd one for a used price.
hybridtheoryd16 is offline   Reply With Quote