Betta fish Chat
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 06-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
jona31
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Talking

Betta fish Chat

hi so I go this PM from someone that really made me feel horrible I just want to prove them wrong and let them know that I am a very involved tank person you should check me out on bettafish.com my user is jona31 as you can see I am a very involved person in the fish community anyways I want to start a Betta fish chat anyone up for it here we go
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
Meganne
Planted Tank Obsessed

sorry you got an ugly pm.

here are my BETTAs. yes they are simply in bowls which I refresh every few days so they always look like this...
Old 06-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #3
jona31
Algae Grower

they look beutiful and the pic oh simply marvelous LOL
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
ichise
Algae Grower

Hi Guys ,

Let's continue the Betta topic

Share my new betta i got recently , got it in pretty bad shape .

after 1 day

ichise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
inthepacific
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

man i really like your fish ichise i have a half moon like that is just like yours right now that i bought at petco. i fell in love with it because i never find black bettas like that. i would try and snap a pic but he doesn't seem to pose well when i get close to take a picture. but i think i'm going to be buying more black bettas like this from no on, they're just so unique looking IMO
inthepacific is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
ichise
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganne View Post
sorry you got an ugly pm.

here are my BETTAs. yes they are simply in bowls which I refresh every few days so they always look like this...
Love your betta setup , simple and zen
Old 06-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
ichise
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthepacific View Post
man i really like your fish ichise i have a half moon like that is just like yours right now that i bought at petco. i fell in love with it because i never find black bettas like that. i would try and snap a pic but he doesn't seem to pose well when i get close to take a picture. but i think i'm going to be buying more black bettas like this from no on, they're just so unique looking IMO
Hi inthepacific ~
Thank you , it's actually a black copper betta ,
quite common over here in Singapore .
Yea I also got a thing for black and copper betta ... Hahha
Need alot patience to capture the right shot
Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #8
amcoffeegirl
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

I believe bettas should be in 3-5gallons of heated and filtered water. I don't think they should be kept in those vases where ammonia can spike and temps can fluctuate quickly. Maybe I'm a snob too.
amcoffeegirl is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #9
ichise
Algae Grower

Got a betta recently and put it in his new home ,
It flare non stop , I check there's no reflection of any sort .
Got many betta tank and this the first .

Anyone have this happen before or know the reason ?
Worry it might stressed out .
Old 06-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
Tikibirds

The 20G, water is cloudy because I just added flora max and they LIED when they said "minimal rinsing required"
It houses 4 female bettas, 2 clown pelcos and some apple snails

It cleared up in about 24 hours - ignore the breeder net. I need to add more plants for more coverage but I am having a hard time trying to find bushy plants that arent taller then the tank and that are not from sellers in malaysia. With the silk plants, there was ALOT more coverage and the girls didnt fight but I removed them and now they are a bit more nippy.

This is El Kabong. Sometimes I "use this as a quarentine "tank". I dont like circular tanks as it distorts the view. Its a little under 2 gallons.

One of my 10G's used to be divided 3 ways

Phinneas when I first got him in his QT storage bin.

Right now he has the above 10G all to himself as I had a nasty case of something kill off the other 2 that were in the tank

Princess Azula - she was one of the Petco babies that actually made it to adulthood

This is Ba Sing Se. I think he is blind as he swims into things and the side of the tank. He actually lived with my females for over a year (I got him very young and he was labled a female by petco. As he got older he never got more aggressive so I let him be). Since I think he has poor vision, I figured it was best to get him his own 5 gallon palace. He is a BIG boy and he looked so cramped in my 3 gallon tank. He likes to sleep on that leaf

And my Baby SLUGGLES
Its best to view his recovery pics here.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5322860&type=3

I found him in walmart in Fairbanks, Alaska and DROVE him to NEW YORk in winter.

Few days later

He lives in his own 5G as well. Actually now most have at least 5 gallons as I lost quite a few recetnly to an unknown bug and moved everytone out of the smaller tanks into divided 10G's. Less water changes to do that way. I do want to add another female or 2 to the 20G and another 2 or 3 males and redivided the one 10G OR maybe add some cory's or something. I dont want to keep one lone betta in a 10G by itself.

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 06-24-2013 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: don't insult other members
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
Vermino
Planted Tank Enthusiast

My betta for feeding time. I always hand feed him or he will make a HUGE mess and I don't expect my amano's to clean it up haha.

http://youtu.be/gbLMVhWRxW0?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0
Vermino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #12
ichise
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermino View Post
My betta for feeding time. I always hand feed him or he will make a HUGE mess and I don't expect my amano's to clean it up haha.

http://youtu.be/gbLMVhWRxW0?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0
Hey looks like a nice planted tank with co2 , any FTS available ?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #13
ADJAquariums
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Got this little Dude from Marko! He's doing great! He's a Mustardgas halfmoon, can't wait till he's bigger and I can get some breeding going!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2483.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	164401  

Name:	DSCN2494.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	164409  

Name:	DSCN2484.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	164417  

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, I often get confused :P
40 gal http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2194146#post2194146

RAOK Club: #99 Fluval Pimp Club: #47
ADJAquariums is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #14
Vermino
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichise View Post
Hey looks like a nice planted tank with co2 , any FTS available ?
dont know what FTS is but I'm guessing a picture of my tank. I'm working on getting TexasCichlid's S Repen and Blyxa portions recovered from the transit. So it's still a work in progress. Betta, 2 amanos, and 2 oto's in the topless fluval edge 6 gallon. They all seem to get along and very healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADJAquariums View Post
Got this little Dude from Marko! He's doing great! He's a Mustardgas halfmoon, can't wait till he's bigger and I can get some breeding going!
Marko does have some nice bettas.. I'm always envious of his black one (even though it turned white he says..)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1020098.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	164441  

Vermino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #15
Shrimpo_Brian
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
The 20G, water is cloudy because I just added flora max and they LIED when they said "minimal rinsing required"
It houses 4 female bettas, 2 clown pelcos and some apple snails

It cleared up in about 24 hours - ignore the breeder net. I need to add more plants for more coverage but I am having a hard time trying to find bushy plants that arent taller then the tank and that are not from sellers in malaysia. With the silk plants, there was ALOT more coverage and the girls didnt fight but I removed them and now they are a bit more nippy.

This is El Kabong. Sometimes I "use this as a quarentine "tank". I dont like circular tanks as it distorts the view. Its a little under 2 gallons.

One of my 10G's used to be divided 3 ways

Phinneas when I first got him in his QT storage bin.

Right now he has the above 10G all to himself as I had a nasty case of something kill off the other 2 that were in the tank

Princess Azula - she was one of the Petco babies that actually made it to adulthood

This is Ba Sing Se. I think he is blind as he swims into things and the side of the tank. He actually lived with my females for over a year (I got him very young and he was labled a female by petco. As he got older he never got more aggressive so I let him be). Since I think he has poor vision, I figured it was best to get him his own 5 gallon palace. He is a BIG boy and he looked so cramped in my 3 gallon tank. He likes to sleep on that leaf

And my Baby SLUGGLES
Its best to view his recovery pics here.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5322860&type=3

I found him in walmart in Fairbanks, Alaska and DROVE him to NEW YORk in winter.

Few days later

He lives in his own 5G as well. Actually now most have at least 5 gallons as I lost quite a few recetnly to an unknown bug and moved everytone out of the smaller tanks into divided 10G's. Less water changes to do that way. I do want to add another female or 2 to the 20G and another 2 or 3 males and redivided the one 10G OR maybe add some cory's or something. I dont want to keep one lone betta in a 10G by itself.
Hehe I see you are a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender
Shrimpo_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.