Warning, Becareful Who You Buy Shrimp From
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
sbarbee54
The Security Dude

PTrader: (99/100%)
Angry

Warning, Becareful Who You Buy Shrimp From

Sorry I had to do this but I hate being burned, nearly 3 weeks and no refund! No excuse for that! So I am putting my short dealings out. As it is only 134$ but I have to come up with 5K+ mid month to break my lease and pay for first last and deposit on a new place. So 134$ when my fiancée lost her job and we have to do this is a killer.

I try and try and try to give all I can to this hobby and help as many as I can in this hobby but it is burning me out . With so many bad doings, and people trying to scam me with dead shrimp stories and lies. When I send BTOE out and you show me pics of dead RCS or Sakuras in a smaller kordon breather bag then I sent the BTOE to you in, I know you are not telling the truth. That is just one of 3 things I am pissed at the below is the most because I thought I could trust this person.

So I just want to throw the warning out there, make sure you buy from people that come highly recommended and have a good long rep. I have bought from people in the past on aqua bid, thought better of it did it anyway. And go dragon fly nymphs and hydra. Lesson learned. Thought last month I would by from a guy on hear I communicate with often and have shared ideas, but a week after I ordered it I had to cancel do to my fiancée losing her job and now I am downsizing to move to a smaller place so we can stay afloat as we are paying for the final things for our wedding. So it was June 1 when I emailed him to cancel I never heard back for 3 days, finally PM'ed him here and 2 more days went by I got a response sorry to hear no problem. 2 days go by I asked can you shoot me that refund, usually when stuff is canceled you get refunded in a couple days. Nothing for 3 days, then he says when I get home I will Since then I have gotten nothing but excuses for the guy on why he can’t do it. Which they all seem to be BS. His last one was my bank does not have mobile banking. Cool that does not matter your credit card or debit card or bank account has to be tied to your PayPal, so they can charge you fees or take refunds on claims or bad dealings. He said his is not he had to transfer money to it and it takes 3-5 days, not true it takes 3-5 days to transfer money out of it, but it transfers in instantly or on a refund it dies instantly. I have learned now I will never send as a gift as I thought he was a good person and thought I would be fine. I will from now on included the extra 1-10$ to send as goods. Lesson be learned, and if you want further details PM me I will inform you of the person and anything else.
Finnex Pimp #8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

I'm so sorry to hear. I have been on the receiving end of bait and switching... Just not worth it sometimes. Good luck with all the other stuff yyou are dealing with.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (426/100%)

While I hate to see this happen within the hobby, thank you for posting this.

It serves as a reminder to others that you should not send people payment as a 'gift' via Paypal.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)

I had the same experience with a member, thankfully it was just some plants.

If you sent the money via PayPal call paypal and open a dispute and tell them you have all of the communications between you and the person in question. Once I did that they opened a dispute immediately and I had my money back the next day.

I hope it helps!

---

As for trading on here, I always do my absolute best to make sure that I give people more than they expect whenever they buy from me and I've gotten the same in return.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
Oceangirl
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

I am sorry! If I could help you in anyway I would! Both me and my Husband are out of work too! Let us know if we can help in any way!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
speedie408
Canon Pimp #001

PTrader: (385/100%)

Sorry to hear Steve.

I also urge folks to NEVER send as "gift". Even folks who buy from me, I always prefer they send as regular goods payment. Much easier to print out packing labels that way and the PayPal charges are tax deductible anyway.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
mjbn
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)

This sucks.. It's worth the effort to try and call Paypal, regardless that you sent it as a gift payment. It happened to me once for ~$45, sent as a gift payment, got scammed. I called Paypal and it they actually did work it out in my favor.

Best of luck!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
CookieM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Yeah contact paypal directly or if you linked your American Express to paypal like I did contact American Express they do a better job.

Happened to me couple times on ebay's purchases and I had to dispute through AE.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
thinBear
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedie408 View Post
I also urge folks to NEVER send as "gift". Even folks who buy from me, I always prefer they send as regular goods payment. Much easier to print out packing labels that way and the PayPal charges are tax deductible anyway.
Good to know. Once I was wondering should I "sent as gift" or not, which could implying doubting(insulting) a popular/famous seller's credibility. Thanks for clarifying that.

Sorry to hear.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #10
peachii
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinBear View Post
Good to know. Once I was wondering should I "sent as gift" or not, which could implying doubting(insulting) a popular/famous seller's credibility. Thanks for clarifying that.

Sorry to hear.
Any good/reputable seller isn't going to care how they receive the money, so long as they get paid or insist it isn't sent as a gift before payment.

Looks like magic markers and big personal signatures from the seller need to happen on bags of some shipments. It saddens me to hear that people are so dishonest in a tight knit community. I guess the internet is easy to try to take advantage of people but it can't last for long with such a small tight knit group the truth always comes out.

Good luck with the move and I hope your girlfriend finds a new job soon!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #11
binbin9
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)

Dude that's garbage and outright robbery. Unless he's sent you what you bought, he is scamming you. Can you not open a case in paypal if it's sent as a gift?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
aluka
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/96%)

He can't, his option is limited. If his paypal is funded by a Credit card, he can call them up and explain that he brought something and canceled the order but was not refund. Most likely his CC will do a charge back for him. Even better if he has records of his conversation with the seller, where he agreed to the refund.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #13
RusselltheShihTzu
Planted Member

PTrader: (27/100%)

For those who might not know:

If you send $$ as a gift and your PayPal account is funded by your bank account, neither of you pay any fees. If funded by CC, you pay a fee.

If you send $$ for "goods," no matter how your account is funded you pay nothing; seller absorbs all the fees. That's why sellers ask for "gift" payments.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #14
sbarbee54
The Security Dude

Well for all that asked who in PM I will not slander his name, but will advise who to buy from.
Finnex Pimp #8

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 06-19-2013 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: don't review members
Old 06-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #15
sbarbee54
The Security Dude

Ohh BTW I am giving him until Friday to pay then I am filling a fraudulent charge on paypal and I am filing a local criminal complaint in his county. As I will be there next week for business with a client, who happens to be the STATE Dept of his state.
Finnex Pimp #8
Closed Thread