ADA 60P | First High Tech Attempt
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 03-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
CyanoSnow
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

ADA 60P | First High Tech Attempt

Introduction

I started my first tank, a Fluval Edge, a little over a year ago. I was never able to achieve the tank I wanted, especially due to the limitations of the lighting. Since then I've been wanting to do a much nicer tank. I chose a 60P for my next tank due to several limitations I have. I'm currently a university student renting a house and the tank will have to be relocated within about a year when I graduate. I figure this tank will be the max size I want to attempt transporting.

The Specs

Tank: ADA 60P
Substrate: ADA Power Sand Special, Amazonia, Amazonia Powder, La Plata Sand
Filtration: Eheim 2215, Do!aqua VV-1, Do!aqua VP-1
Lighting: Finnex Ray II
CO2: GLA PRO SS (Two Stage) regulator, 5 lb tank, Atomic Inline CO2 Diffuser
Heating: Hydor 200W Inline Heater, ADA NA Thermometer
Fertilization: E.I. Dosing with fertilizer from GLA

Flora

Dwarf Baby Tears - Hemianthus callitrichoides
Brazilian Micro Sword - Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
Staurogyne Portion - Staurogyne repens
Mini Pellia - Riccardia chamedryfolia
Purple Cabomba - Cabomba pulcherrima
Broad Leaf Ludwigia - Ludwigia repens
Water Sprite - Ceratopteris thalictroides

Fauna

TBD

Possibility of moving Otocinclus and Boraras brigittae from current tank.

Current State

Last edited by CyanoSnow; 09-05-2014 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: Update
CyanoSnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #2
Mirkinator
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

Pics or GO HOME! Lol, j/k but would be nice to see some!

I personally just got the GLA reg my self and I also bought the Atomic inline diffuser, from what Ive seen around these parts they are one of the best ways to get CO2 into your water column. I also just got the 2215 and it uses the 12/16mm one in case you wanted to know
Mirkinator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2014, 03:47 AM   #3
CyanoSnow
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

It's been a while since I first started this. I actually only did most of the work on the tank within the last two weeks. Just as I was about to purchase a CO2 regulator, GLA announced their stainless steel regulators. I ended up waiting to purchase one of those. It cost more than I was planning on spending, but I liked the convenience of getting a good regulator that I knew would work. It also looks really nice.

I planted the tank on Sunday and flooded it that night. It was all going well until the driftwood started to float. Currently I have rocks to weight the pieces down until they become waterlogged.

I will eventually move my Otocinclus and rasboras from my old Fluval Edge and redo that tank. Here is a bad picture but it shows how messy the tank is. The 60P sure is a nice improvement over this.

I plan on making or buying a new stand for the 60P when I move next summer. Here is the current setup. I bought the stand when I lived in a dorm and it works nicely for now. I'm not sure if I like the Purple Cabomba planted in the back. I might replace that with something a little brighter.

CyanoSnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.