1st Iwagumi Mr.Aqua 17.4g DSM - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 06-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #16
Gmonsta13
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai808 View Post
I saw two pots of HC at Coral fish today. They usually cost $8.99 for one. Try calling aquascapes to see if they have any.
hey thanks for looking out. hopefully i can get there before they're gone.
i took a look at your 12g long journal. your tank is amazing. how long did you have it in dsm? before i got this tank i wanted a 12 long mr aqua. didnt find one till after i started this one. hopefully in the future i can start one up.
Gmonsta13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #17
Kai808
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmonsta13 View Post
hey thanks for looking out. hopefully i can get there before they're gone.
i took a look at your 12g long journal. your tank is amazing. how long did you have it in dsm? before i got this tank i wanted a 12 long mr aqua. didnt find one till after i started this one. hopefully in the future i can start one up.
Thanks for looking! I think I had it in dsm for 3-4 months. I should have flooded it after 2 months because I went on a trip during the last month and had a lot of it die off and BGA issues while I was gone.

Hehe, I've been eyeing that 12 gallon long just sitting on it's shelf and trying to decide to get another one. You better get it before I get the funds. lol
Kai808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #18
Gmonsta13
Algae Grower

End of week 2

Old 07-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
Gmonsta13
Algae Grower

i give up dsm.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #20
Charrr89

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Thanks for looking! I think I had it in dsm for 3-4 months. I should have flooded it after 2 months because I went on a trip during the last month and had a lot of it die off and BGA issues while I was gone.

Hehe, I've been eyeing that 12 gallon long just sitting on it's shelf and trying to decide to get another one. You better get it before I get the funds. lol
They have alot more available now..... I da exact same thing u did.. I bought an 11.4 gallon becuZ the 12 long I called for was sold out when I got there... But I seem one at cf yesterday. And the awesome owner at moanalua pets said he would be bringing some in because of all the requests he received..

Finnex member #14
Charrr89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #21
Gmonsta13
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrr89 View Post
They have alot more available now..... I da exact same thing u did.. I bought an 11.4 gallon becuZ the 12 long I called for was sold out when I got there... But I seem one at cf yesterday. And the awesome owner at moanalua pets said he would be bringing some in because of all the requests he received..
That's good to know. Don't think I'm ready for another tank yet. Just filled the 17 and having problems with algae even with water changes. Think ill wait till everything settles down. You should get one! Ill definitely keep up with your journal. Haha
Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #22
Kai808
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
That's good to know. Don't think I'm ready for another tank yet. Just filled the 17 and having problems with algae even with water changes. Think ill wait till everything settles down. You should get one! Ill definitely keep up with your journal. Haha
Sorry to hear about the DSM. Were you not seeing enough growth or is it because you replaced the dhg with blyxa? Because, it looks like the HC is still healthy.

What kind of algae are you having problems with? I would think it's brown diatoms at this stage of the tank. Try adding adding in feeder shrimp to clean up and put in some temp floating plants to soak up extra nutrients and to dim the light a bit.
Kai808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:09 AM   #23
Gmonsta13
Algae Grower

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the DSM. Were you not seeing enough growth or is it because you replaced the dhg with blyxa? Because, it looks like the HC is still healthy.

What kind of algae are you having problems with? I would think it's brown diatoms at this stage of the tank. Try adding adding in feeder shrimp to clean up and put in some temp floating plants to soak up extra nutrients and to dim the light a bit.
Hey kai808. My hc started to melt. Actually my hc melted completely. Couldn't stop it. Luckily the few cuttings I put outside grew so I just threw those in and filled it. Only started seeing new leaves on the hc yesterday. Hopefully they take off but I doubt it. Majority of the hc is covered with brown algae. I have floaters and feeder shrimp in there plus a sae. Lights are on only 6 hours and I've been doing about 25% water change every or every other day. Also have a buch of random plants behind the blyxa hoping that would suck up the nutrients. Idk I suck at this. Didn't have this problem with the 5 gallon or 3 gallon I started previous to this one.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #24
Charrr89

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
no updates??? any who… due to my moving i won't be making an actual journal till february. an ADA 60H to be exact… :]

Finnex member #14
Charrr89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #25
Gmonsta13
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrr89 View Post
no updates??? any who… due to my moving i won't be making an actual journal till february. an ADA 60H to be exact… :]

No real updates. I'm going to take it down and redo it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
17.4, dwarf baby tears, iwagumi, mr.aqua, seiryu