Question about DIY CO2 injector.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 12-05-2002, 02:20 PM   #1
Glud
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to Glud

Nice page.

Isn't the CO2 injector under articles a bit dangerous??? If i am correct there is a airstone on the air line going out of your yeast mixture, and if the airstone cloggs the CO2 reactor will go kaaboom, and there will be yeast mixture and smell all over the room.

- Glud
Glud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2002, 03:22 PM   #2
ridns
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

You are 100% correct! The more I read about this, the more nervous I get. Another argument for preasurized CO2! I hope my wife reads these things! There are several articles I've read that recommend using heavy plastic or glass bottles. I also read one where a guy had a glass one explode while it was capped up waiting for the brew to mature. He highly recommends you NEVER do that. He said he was cleaning up tiny pieces of glass for over 3 hours, some of them VERY SHARP! As you mentioned, his apartment smelled like a brewery for quite a while after.
:hehe:
Eheim pimp #128, 55gal 13x20x48, Eheim Pro 2227, CO2 injected, into the filter breather tube,4x 55w Pcs , 12 hr light cycle (sunrise/sunset simulated), Milwaukee SMS 122, faulty bubble counter replaced with M3 bubble counter..... moderately Planted, Plantex CSM+B and ferts

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research
ridns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:36 PM   #3
KyleT
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (5/100%)

:hehe: There is alwayz a risk that the air tube can become clogged. Matter of fact there is risk involved in everything. That doesn't matter though as I use gatorade bottle that bend and are very flexible and the glue on the bottle cap would probably go before the bottle would explode. I would never use a glass bottle!

I once left one of the valves to one of the bottle closed for 2 days and nothing happened. So I'm not too worried.