Current Satellite LED Light Fixture
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 05-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Current Satellite LED Light Fixture

I saw these at my LFS and am interested in it. Is anyone using this yet? They didn't have it up on a tank but am curious how the light coverage is with the 48" fixture. I'm looking to throw it up on my 90 gallon. Any inputs? Thanks!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
mstamper
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I am interested in seeing if anyone has used them yet as well. I got an email from Ken's fish and they have them on sale right now.
What I found interesting about them is that they come with a remote and you can vary the lighting. they have preprogrammed light sequences as well as the ability to custom configure the mix of RGB and white lighting.
For the price that Ken's had them listed it would be worth the price to try one and see how it does.
40b Planted Apistogramma tank
20g Planted Apistogramma tank
16g Artificially planted Blue Crayfish / Red Cherry Shrimp tank

All this in a 2 bedroom apartment, HAHAHA

Wanna see videos of the tanks? Follow this link > http://www.youtube.com/user/markstankworld
mstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

the light is impressive and full spectrum coverage but it will be dimmer than a finnex ray2. This means that the light penetration will not be as bright at the substrate level compared to the ray2.

Just want to set your expectations. The remote and the programable functions are pretty neat and the color control is just an awesome option. THB, its a nice to have feature in the event that you need to raise the fixture as intensity could be dialed down..
Old 05-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
zackariah
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
Default Re: Current Satellite LED Light Fixture

My self and several other peeps in this forum are spearheading the test on planted tanks. Here is a link to one of the threads on this light. I love both of mine by the way http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=307753
Here is another thread hope they http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=326962
Old 07-22-2013, 12:57 AM   #5
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Thanks everyone! After much research it's determined that I would need two of these fixtures over my 90 gallon to get the high light that I need for my glosso to survive. Is it better/cheaper to go with two of these fixtures or with two LED pendant lights?