San Antonio and corpus Christi
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Texas

Old 07-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
Kirbybtf
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

San Antonio and corpus Christi

I'm in the area for the next two days, which fish stores MUST I visit. I'm also here to see the baby sea turtles released into the sea tomorrow morning, go to sea world, and the corpus Christi Aquarium! So excited!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

7.5g Mr Aqua bowfront
1/2g Reef Vase
Kirbybtf is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
andrewq
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

You should visit FINTIQUE. 701 West Ave 78201. Also maybe aquarium adventures, there a little pricey but they have lots of good stuff, and there close to sea world. 10919 Culebra Rd. 78253
andrewq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
Kirbybtf
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Yea that one is definitely on our list! Is it more salt oriented?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

7.5g Mr Aqua bowfront
1/2g Reef Vase
Kirbybtf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
andrewq
Planted Tank Obsessed

I would say they are more freshwater friendly. However they do have a good amount of saltwater fish available. They also just got more fish in wednesday. Accessories are cheap, and staff is great.
andrewq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
Aquatic Delight
H is for Hillstream

PTrader: (9/100%)

You will want to Visit
Dary's
5514 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd New Braunfels, TX 78132
one of the coolest shops in the SA area a must see. they have both salt and fresh, but are freshwater oriented.

Elegant Reef
301 W Nakoma Dr San Antonio, TX 78216
they are very well known in the Saltwater community, they have a 500gallon reef tank that is a must see. their freshwater side is up and comming, they have 22 tanks devoted to freshwater. with very cool fish in them.

saying Aquarium Adventures is a little pricey is an understatement. they sell plants for $15 that go for $4 elsewhere. but that said they have a huge selection of stuff. really a cool place to see. from what i understand their staff gets paid on commission so they can be a little pushy.

Fintique
is just old school awesome. they stuff everything they can into each tank and have what used to be the largest selection in San Antonio (until Aquarium adventures came around). they also usually have the best prices on most of their fish. they also have 24 or so tank devoted to plants.

there is also Aquarium Designs, i don't recommend them, they have 9 freshwater tanks (maybe 12) its not very well maintained, and really geared toward saltwater.

also Polly's pet store in universal City, which if you are going to check out Darbys, Polly's is on the way. pollys has a very large freshwater selection of basic fish, but they also a ton of reptile and birds and supplies. they also have the largest driftwood selection in the area.

and texas tropical and marine. nothing special unless you are looking for rocks, its the place to go.

Hillstream/Boreno Loach Refuge

A Light Heart is Better than a Heavy Wallet.
Aquatic Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #6
J_Douglas
Algae Grower

I would add Alamo Aquatic (on Banders) and Texas Tropical (I 410 & Vance Jackson) to the above list.
J_Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote