anything I need to see in the Cheyenne area?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Wyoming

Old 05-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
steven p
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

anything I need to see in the Cheyenne area?

I'm going to be out that way, just curious if there are any shops I shouldn't miss while I'm there.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
JoeandCarrie
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Nothing fancy in cheyenne. I here there is a nice store in laramie but I havent been yet.
JoeandCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
steven p
Wannabe Guru

Well, maybe I can convince the parents to swing through. I wouldn't really be able to bring back too much. Plants and maybe some snails or something.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
steven p
Wannabe Guru

Would you know the name of the store in Laramie, by chance?
Old 05-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #5
JoeandCarrie
Algae Grower

nah bud, sorry. I just read it on one of these "Wyoming" posts. I drive thru Laramie to get to the snowies for fishing, thats the extent of my knowledge in that town.

well that and the billiards hall there has nice tables and cold beer.

If you went down to Greeley, Animal Atractions would be worth the visit. I can't give a review per se, but I enjoy shopping there. (does that meet the extent of the rule?)

Good luck,
Old 05-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
steven p
Wannabe Guru

I doubt my parents will be going through there, although one of my old buddies from Nebraskais living there and he has my As Blood Runs Black album...

The shop in Laramie was ok I guess, my little brother was looking at the turtles, one was dead. All of the aquariums were losing water and the sponge filters couldn't move water. I don't know how hard the water is out here, but ill assume its pretty hard, as you can see alkaline stains on the soil, they had handfuls of dissolving sea shells everywhere.

They did have nerites, brine shrimp eggs, a ton of guppies and some cichlids. Not a whole lot looked to be in spectacular health, an iguana was suffering from mouth rot and should be put down. Poor guy...
Old 05-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #7
JoeandCarrie
Algae Grower

I would hope that it was not the store that I had heard about. You can actually report stores to Fish and Game for animal cruelty...

Sorry it was a bust, If you pop back thru Cheyenne, there are two employees at our Petco that are really good, the tanks are actually taken care of quite well. Though ours seems to have a massive investment in Fluval, Fluval everything is everywhere.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #8
steven p
Wannabe Guru

It seems fluval is taking over every petco... I'm impartial to the brand. The 6g edge was a waste of my time and money, but I have a 305 that does serious work... When it's freshly maintenanced and not leaking on my basement floor.. lol..

It wasn't a complete bust, I picked up some brine shrimp eggs and got to pet a ferret.

I wanted to stop at the petco, but I couldn't realistically have purchased any fish and expected it to make it back to Columbus this trip.

Stay far far away from the fish isle at the Rock Springs Walmart... The filter system on the marineland rack died(i think) you could practically see the ammonia in the water... Everything but a few common goldies and a couple moors had died...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.