ULTIMATE PLANT LED: Finnex FugeRAY Planted+ LED ...coming soon
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Finnex / Schuber Wright

Old 05-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
Lowe
Finnex

PTrader: (2/100%)

ULTIMATE PLANT LED: Finnex FugeRAY Planted+ LED ...coming soon

At the round table with a few planted tank members and retailers, collective minds have put this beauty together. Looking forward to having them this year Fall to compete with the Finnex FugeRAY and Finnex RAY2.

FugeRAY Planted+ will still have the controllable moonlights. Sample is still in Taiwan with my associate and spectrum chart is on the way. Quick PAR reading below 24 inch fixture:

3": 185
6": 117
9": 88
12": 61
15": 45

Question: For you planted tank enthusiast, as the number of LEDS are limited to each fixture, would you sacrifice PAR output for a warmer tone? I am contemplating dropping one row of 7ks and swapping them out to 4500k. The fixture (I presume) will have a decrease in PAR and brightness, but an overall warmer feel.

We are also contemplating cutting down a few unpopular sizes of this model. Post the size you'd like us to avoid cutting!

Update

Great suggestions TPT. To address all of your requests and questions:

1. The 7/10k mix was discontinued because it simply gave our users too much of a blue/white tone. This feedback can be relived going through older posts during the initial RAY2 release. It was actually TPT that persuaded us to move to the dual 7k. Admittedly, the Asian market (specifically Japan), leans towards a full 10k units. I believe this is in part to their strong preference in iguwana aquascaping, where there are strong greens present. With the FugeRAY Planted+, it is my focus to make all colors stay vivid regardless of your aquascaping preference and plant variety.

The RAY2 will still be produced as it does wonders for particular setups, as shown by our dealers aquarium using the RAY2

2. We've had sample RGBs for years now. The problem we've been having is incorporating them in to our current RAY2/FugeRay boards. The ones we have been able to put together, shown below, is very nice but PAR level were not satisfactory. Now, with the FugeRAY Planted+, we have a unit that has all the capabilities of a RGB plus the PAR. Additional Reds and Blues, but no individual Greens. Greens were not inputted as enough green was spiking from the 7k bulbs, as shown with the awesome green growth displayed from the prior RAY2 / FugeRAY setups. For those looking for a full RGB unit, Current has an awesome fixture out definitely worth taking a look at. Here's a vid of our RGB we decided not to carry for intensity reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6GYwoJpXF60

3. I'd love to introduce our sample timer and dimmer models but they are hitting a price point that we're not comfortable getting in to at this moment. If I could produce a dozen or so for a few of you guys I'd love to do so but sadly that is not an option as I have to commit to such a large qty for every sizing option. That said, we're still working on getting these options incorporated at a price point and quality you all expect from FINNEX

Last edited by Lowe; 05-21-2013 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: question
Lowe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Eeyore
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Please Please Please make this available in 48" for standard 55 gallon tanks!! I am going back and forth between the Fugeray and the Ray 2 and this just might be the perfect solution.
55 gal planted community tank, 46 gal Angel tank, 10 gal planted Cherry tank. 10 gal planted tank currently housing 5 juvie Koi Angelfish. Two empty 55 gals, one 20 long cycling for CRS, and a 5 gal waiting to house dwarf crayfish.

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
Lowe
Finnex

Don't worry, 48" will undoubtedly be put in production!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
mjbn
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)

30" isn't an irregular size but just incase!

Do you have an idea of what price range these will be in? Looks like I might hold off on buying that Fugeray a little longer if these are in a close range:P
mjbn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
Lowe
Finnex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbn View Post
30" isn't an irregular size but just incase!

Do you have an idea of what price range these will be in? Looks like I might hold off on buying that Fugeray a little longer if these are in a close range:P
Shooting for a retail price inbetween the FugeRay and RAY2.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
JoeandCarrie
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Any chance you can list more specs? That might have been an image in the first post, but my gov computer can't show it.

Would like to know if it will be dimmable, built in timers, etc...

Stinks I just completed my big order to setup the shrimp tank... but I could use another 30" for one of the tanks...hmm.
JoeandCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #7
Rcguerra
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

12"

Nano cubes are becoming more popular, and there is NOTHING to compete with you guys. I will buy at least 6 of those, and I know a nice crowd from Florida that would buy them.
Rcguerra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
jbrady33
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

KEEP THE 30"! Please
Old 05-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #9
Algae Beater
Planted Tank Obsessed

hummm talk to me about selling these in my store
Algae Beater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #10
micheljq
Planted Tank Obsessed

36" but it is quite standard i presume.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
aspensandoaks
Algae Grower

hopefully a few sizes under 20" like 16 and 12
aspensandoaks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #12
swoof
Planted Tank Obsessed

18"

Hope this runs cooler than the Monster as that gets kinda warm.
swoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #13
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (171/100%)

I would not give up an entire row of leds but prefer to take away 2/5 of the 7000k bulbs in favor of the rgb type.

The reason for this is b cause the light of the colored bulbs do not reacch as far in taller tanks.

Also to be honest, i can evvision this to be a great seller in the nano space as it would offer colored plant lighting where the market is lacking today. We would appreciate quality medium lighting in 8, 10 and 20" (standard 10gallon) lengths.

if your RAY2's had a few RGB's , i would seriously consider jumping on these. I have a 24" monsterray, 3 24"ray2's, 1 36" raY2 and likely looking for a 48", 36" and another 24" for a custom frag shaped tank

Last edited by acitydweller; 05-21-2013 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: hii
acitydweller is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #14
Cardinal's Keeper
Planted Member

PTrader: (28/100%)

I am currently using 6 finnex ray2's and have room for about 2 more.

As far as your question of sacrificing par, no I would not prefer you sacrifice par levels and I would probably move on to different lighting if that was the direction you took with your fixtures. Personally I like the look or "feel" of the original 7k/10k in comparison to the double 7k fixtures now available. If I were to ask for the perfect plant tank fixture, it would be the 7k/10k mix with alternating blue/red spectrum lights and be done with it.

I would drop the 18"/30" fixture and stay with the 12" multiples.
Cardinal's Keeper is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #15
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
..... I am contemplating dropping one row of 7ks and swapping them out to 4500k. The fixture (I presume) will have a decrease in PAR and brightness, but an overall warmer feel....
Would you consider keeping the 7Ks and adding a timer to them so we could run a mid day peak cycle. Then outside of peak photo period they would be off and the color would not be as intense.
DogFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.