Nuvo 16 Planted Tank Build Log
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 05-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
rbtmccord
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Nuvo 16 Planted Tank Build Log

Hello everyone

I have finally ordered my Innovative Marine Nuvo 16 in white with twin 8 watt 10K lights. It should be here mid week.

I will post again this evening with the preliminary items that I will be using in this build. Couple of quick questions as I have yet to decide on the substrate.
Eco-complete or flourite. Normally I would use a fine black sand but with the white backdrop I am wondering whether either of these companies makes makes a white sand in their flourite or eco-complete lines.

If anyone has any suggestions for a choice in this area please pipe in as I am going to decide and order this evening.

Also will be building a full size 3d mock up of the tank interior out of foamcore so I can work on the aquascape in the meantime. I have several pieces of mangrove root will post pictures tomorrow of the wood to insure I am calling correctly. I can work on it while waiting for my tank to arrive.

let me know what you recommend for substrate.

Thanks
Bob

Last edited by rbtmccord; 05-20-2013 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: Moving to the proper forum
rbtmccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
rbtmccord
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Update

Well I have ordered some items for the 16 Planted Nuvo tank.
1 Cobalt Aquatics Neotherm 75 watt Heater
1 Current Satellite Freshwater LED + 18 watt Light 24"
2 Bags of CaribSea Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate 20 lb Bags Planted Black Fine
3 Large pieces of Mangrove root for aquascape. They will be cut to fit the tank and determined for best placement. Naturally only a portion about 1/3 of the total of these roots will be used in this tank. I am going to post a picture of some to insure Identification. I posted the images in the prior post.

Researching two things to add to the system
a UV Sterilizer and CO2 Paint Ball System. Input on best ones would be very much appreciated.
My lighting should be in the med - high range at 2.6 wpg. Further the tank is not that deep. I will have a pretty think substrate from 2.5 to 3+ inches deep in some areas.

Thanks Bob
rbtmccord is offline   Reply With Quote