Suggestions for new fish after I move
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 05-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
WestHaven
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Suggestions for new fish after I move

Hello,

I will be moving across the country back to my parents house from Connecticut to Michigan in 2-3 weeks because I have been unemployed for 6 months, and my unemployment benefits are going to run out in a few weeks. I will be selling/trading my fish and plants back to the fish store. I want to setup my tank again but I would like to try raising some more exotic or difficult to keep fish in my 29 gallon tank.

Any suggestions?
The Fraternity of Dirt #144
WestHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
DaveK
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Usually when something is exotic or difficult to keep, it means a lot of work, and sometimes multiple tanks.

The bottom line is that it's your tank. What I might think of as exotic might seem common or uninteresting to you. For example, some people like fancy guppies, but I was never that fond of them.

A few areas I can suggest looking in to are the various species of killifish, loaches and other bottom feeders, some of the larger tetras like congo tetras, or dwarf cichlids. You could also consider angels or discus, but would need a larger tank.

In my own tank, I keep several species of tetras and rasbora. Nothing that exotic, but the colors and movement work out well. Currently I've got rummy nose tetras, black line rasbora, black phantom tetras, and the usual assortment of catfish.
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote