CO2 Injector?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Old 05-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
amsreorb
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

CO2 Injector?

I am looking for a really low cost CO2 injector system to get CO2 into my 10 gallon. Right now I use API CO2 but I don't like having to add this to the tank each day. I want it to more autonomous. Any help would be great, since I am new at this.
amsreorb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
jarvitron
Algae Grower

Default CO2 Injector?

Carbon dioxide injection : not low tech. Should take your q to equipment or DIY subforum.
jarvitron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
puopg
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

With CO2, i do not reccommend cheap as you'll be adjusting cheap setups daily and its even less fun that dosing everyday. Just go low tech if you want least maintenance.
puopg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #4
amsreorb
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvitron View Post
Carbon dioxide injection : not low tech. Should take your q to equipment or DIY subforum.
Sorry. I am just learning all this and I assumed since I did not want to get a fancy high tech thing, it would be low tech. Feel free to delete this thread if it is in the wrong place.
amsreorb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
Silky
Algae Grower

If you want something really cheap you could buy the cheapest smallest hang on back filter and run your lines into the intake tube and let the impeller chop larger bubbles it into tiny bubbles and distribute it back into the tank. I've done this with DIY co2, it works pretty well.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
Wwh2694
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (33/100%)
Default CO2 Injector?

When it comes with Co2 equipment this is the one you don't want to be cheep in. When you buy Co2 equipment you'll have to spend a lot of money to begin with but it's worth it in a long run. You probably can use a paint ball tank on your 10G. But if I where u I would get the regular 320 co2 regulator with 5 lb tank coz its cheep to refill those tanks and will last you several months and save you time and money refilling it compared to a paint ball tanks.
We have several members here that makes regulator for you on your budget Oldpunk is one of them, he's good and knows all stuff about regulators. Also you can go buy it at Green leaf aquariums.
Wwh2694 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
MurphyC
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by puopg View Post
With CO2, i do not reccommend cheap as you'll be adjusting cheap setups daily and its even less fun that dosing everyday. Just go low tech if you want least maintenance.

I disagree, I have been using DIY CO2 for some time now in a 25 gal. It would be fair to say you have to reset every 2 weeks to gain optimal CO2 however
MurphyC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.