10 gallon tetra tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 07-23-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
SammyP
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

10 gallon tetra tank

heres a collection of photos i took of m 10 gallon. **UPDATED PICTURES TOWARDS END OF THREAD**

these pics are in chronological order except for the one of the otto and the bubble i dont remember when i took that. anyways, in the last picture, those are actually supposed to be red phantom tetras but theres only one thats actually red and in the picture hes hiding behind one of the uncolored ones. i think i may have gotten burned on these ($7 each!) but i was getting bored of the neons and they werent schooling very well. they were just swimming allover the tank all unorganized like. i wanted some more order to the tank so i thought that a new species would help. it did for a while but now the neons are swimming everywhere again. one of the phantom tetras is now dead and only one of them ever eats anything. i'm like 90% sure i'm going to move them into anotehr tank or bring them back to the pet store. i dont know what to do... i dont really like the neons here but i dont know what kind of fish to get. i had rams in there but the male was beating on the female so bad i had to move them to a bigger tank. i was thinking sparkleing gouramis might be neat or maybe lemon tetras. maybe some kind of bland colored tetras. i dunno... what do you guys think??

Last edited by SammyP; 08-16-2006 at 03:08 AM..
SammyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
toofazt
The Weather's Here

PTrader: (41/100%)

Looks really nice. I like how it slops from the right to left

DIY Electric Shut-Off Valve ........... DIY Fluval Edge Light Mod
............................My Current Aquarium............................
toofazt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
Architect1
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Nice tank I love the plants that took right over the stone. Vary beautiful tank.
Architect1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2006, 11:14 PM   #4
SammyP
Planted Tank Obsessed

thanks guys actually that section of riccia flutains was being held down by the rock. i removed the rock when the other plants grew into it and now the other plants are holding that part of the riccia

steve: thats the look i'm going for. i'm trying to shape the HM to be tallest in the back right and lowest in the front and left but its not really cooperating. i need to get better at trimming.

any mod: can i get this moved to the photo album section? i didnt mean to post it in here. i wasnt paying attention to what i was doing. sorry

Last edited by SammyP; 07-24-2006 at 02:13 AM..
Old 07-24-2006, 03:58 AM   #5
D.gilly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

wicked awsome tank it looks really good i like the fish selection you have now it kinda sucks that the neons dont shoal though i really like the transistions you have taken it through a great **end product ** although im sure it will get changed around even more for the better! i guess the life of an aquascaper is long
Old 07-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #6
randomrambler
Algae Grower

If the tetras aren't schooling too well, get a "predator" fish. Most types of dwarf cichlids will do. They don't do any harm, but make the tetras suspicious.
randomrambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
sandiegoryu
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

what are the "stats" of the tank?
Old 07-25-2006, 03:09 AM   #8
erijnal
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)

what's the thin-leaved red plant you have in there?
erijnal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2006, 04:45 AM   #9
sandiegoryu
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

i believe thats ludwigia arcuata
Old 07-25-2006, 06:13 AM   #10
mrbelvedere
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (51/100%)
Send a message via AIM to mrbelvedere Send a message via Yahoo to mrbelvedere

That is one great start!!!!!

Seriously, I haven't seen you on the forum for very long and you are doing exceptionally well. Nice job!

Old 07-25-2006, 06:51 AM   #11
SammyP
Planted Tank Obsessed

thanks for the encouraging words i was actually into planted tanks b4 i found this gem of a forum but i've definitely learned mountains from reading the posts here.

the tank is 10 gallons theres 72 watts total, 2 36watt bright kits from ah supply, 2 gatorade bottle yeast generators, hagen ladder with a discard-a-stone and a bell, duetto dj-50 internal filter, eco-complete, dry macros(greg watson) and liquid micros(seachem) and excel. i just recently switched to dry micros so we'll see how that works out. i think i might end up useing a combination of both. the two 36 watt lamps arent on at the same time for very long. they are on two different timers and only overlap for about 3 hours.

right now theres like 9 ottos, 7 C. japonias and like a billion trumpet snails along with the 15 neons and 5 phantom tetras. plants are cryptocoryne wenditi, glossostigma elatinoides, hemanithus micranthemoides, ludwgia arcuata, riccia flutains, hydrocotyl something, limnophilia aromatica and algae
Old 08-16-2006, 03:06 AM   #12
SammyP
Planted Tank Obsessed

heres a picture update. i moved the tank to a better spot for takin pictures and took the equipment out for petter looking shots. some of the gloss got tangled with the equipment and i had to cut some of it out so it looks kinda funny towards the left side of the first shot.

Old 08-16-2006, 03:27 AM   #13
AndyN
Algae Grower

Tank looks really good! Top right tank looks sorta out of control.
AndyN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2006, 04:19 AM   #14
Y0uH0
Planted Tank Obsessed

It's really beautiful,your plants look absolutely healthy and thriving. I wished i could be as successful as you in keeping a planted tank like that.

I really envy my fishes and plants,they seem to be getting so much more attention than me. Shouldn't i start pampering myself a little more?

100 gal planted tank journal
Y0uH0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2006, 08:44 AM   #15
crazie.eddie
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to crazie.eddie Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie Send a message via MSN to crazie.eddie Send a message via Yahoo to crazie.eddie

If you wanted the fish to school, you should put them in a larger, longer tank. There's not much room for them to school in a 10 gallon tank. They would probably do better in a 55 gallon tank.
125 gal (473 liter): Low Tech (1.5wpg PC for 10 hours, no CO2/ferts, gravel substrate), Equipment (72" Coralife PC, Eheim Pro II 2128 w/built in heater, FilStar XP3 w/Hydor ETH201 inline heater), Fish (6*Discus, 2*Angel, 5*Clown loaches, 4*L-018 Gold Nugget pleco, 1*L-260 Queen Arabesque pleco, 7*Cories, Farlowella cat)
crazie.eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.