The Planted Tank Forum banner

Wabi Kusa adventure

7K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  MABJ 
#1 · (Edited)
I decided to start my own trip with Wabi Kusa several weeks ago. I didn't start them myself, but rather I purchased them off a member who was ready to part with them. He took amazing care to ship them and they were in amazing condition!

I'm now looking to make them my own. First think I'll be doing is adding some fluorite to the bowls.

I haven't cleaned the bowls up yet lol. Please forgive me.

View attachment 142698

View attachment 142706
--
Wabi 3
View attachment 142714
Wabi 2
View attachment 142722
Wabi 1
View attachment 142730

For ease of name calling, I've got them in order.

#2 ·
I'll be misting them several times a day.

The light is a 60W 5000k bulb. It looks more yellow than it is because of the green walls.

It actually looks white to my eyes.

I'll keep this posted with updates!

#6 ·
Nope, these have been acclimated to lower humidity. They do not need 100% any longer.

2 mists per day, one large mist in the morning, is what I was recommended to do.

#11 ·
Thanks guys!!!!

Scott, I'll get back to you on the ferts. I'm going to triple check I can't find them. Baffles me they're missing.

Yup. Shipping did a number. Not to mention my postal services guy sees fragile and asks himself.. "Darrr.. Wish I cud reed gud.." So. I'm not shocked.

I'll keep this posted. I can't wait to see some improvements :)

#40 ·
Wow... It actually won't let me upload images from my phone... Never had this issue.

Here's a tapatalk upload but it'll need to suffice for now.

"Not a valid image file" any diagnosis guys?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.