Purchasing RETF
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Herp (Reptiles and Amphibians)

Old 05-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
sloanenicole
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Purchasing RETF

I'm looking to soon be purchasing 2 RETF's. I've seen a pair for sale at PetCo but I'm not entirely comfortable or trusting of the animals they sell. Would you recommend me buying online or would you say the sad RETFs in the small glass inclosure with minimal climbing surfaces would be ok to go with. I almost feel as though I need to rescue them, but then I remember they are a chain and will just put some more in there. If you know of any or have had success with certain online stores, please let me know. I have never bought a live animal over the interwebs before. So all input or suggestions/concerns would be fantastic!
sloanenicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
Lia
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanenicole View Post
I'm looking to soon be purchasing 2 RETF's. I've seen a pair for sale at PetCo but I'm not entirely comfortable or trusting of the animals they sell. Would you recommend me buying online or would you say the sad RETFs in the small glass inclosure with minimal climbing surfaces would be ok to go with. I almost feel as though I need to rescue them, but then I remember they are a chain and will just put some more in there. If you know of any or have had success with certain online stores, please let me know. I have never bought a live animal over the interwebs before. So all input or suggestions/concerns would be fantastic!

I sent you a site where I have purchased online because not sure if they allow that posted in the forum, I am very happy with the place but either way shipping isn't cheap because they ship overnight and averages $40 to $50 for turtles and other reptiles.
Lia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:27 AM   #3
TDerivan
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Ask how long the RETFs have been there. They are somewhat fragile so if they have been there for a couple of weeks or more then chances are they are doing okay.
TDerivan is offline   Reply With Quote