Got Shrimp?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 06-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #1
spdskr
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

Got Shrimp?

Attention all greater Denver area Planted Tank members: I'm being overrun by my rapidly breeding Red Cherry Shrimp. If you ever wanted to give these little guys a try but didn't want the hassel of buying them online, I've got shrimp for you! I'm always looking for plant species I do not currently have and am confident we can work out some fair trade for the shrimp. The numbers I will have available will be based on the response to this thread. Heck, I have been know to give stuff away too. Always sounds better than the shrimp ending up in one of planted fish tanks . Please respond and save these little guys lives .
Eheim Pimp #181

29g High-tech jungle
5.5g Low-tech jungle
2.5g x 2 Low-tech shrimp and moss
spdskr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
saganco
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (56/100%)

spdskr, do you think they could/would be ok in a livebearer tank with larger mollies, many platies, a few burmese botias, and some rainbowfish? If so, I could be interested. I'm just afraid they'll become dinner, and I would rather someone else have them than to see them get eaten! Please let me know.
saganco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
spdskr
Planted Tank Obsessed

It depends on how your tank is laid out. If it is heavily planted with places for the shrimp to hide, some will survive. In an open tank, they will most likely be eaten.
Eheim Pimp #181

29g High-tech jungle
5.5g Low-tech jungle
Old 01-19-2007, 12:07 AM   #4
saganco
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Spdskr - maybe you could put in a few with some of the plants whenever it's ok to ship them. I'm 2.5 hours away from Denver, so by the time we take 5+ hours round trip plus the diesel fuel - I won't mind paying the shipping (and heat packs if you have them)! The tank is planted well enough I think for them to have a fighting chance - and I can't imagine mollies and platies being that big a danger to them ...

Let me know, I'm more than happy to make it fair for you and your time.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:57 AM   #5
Agrippa
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)

I live in Fort Collins and would be delighted to get my hands on some. I currently have an unpopulated 2g Iwagumi that I have been saving for some interesting speices of shrimp, and your stock would be great. How much are you asking for them (oh, and how far away is Aurora, I forget...) Anyway, thanks for the offer, as it's rather regrettably difficult to obtain them here.
Agrippa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
spdskr
Planted Tank Obsessed

Agrippa,

Thank you for your post. Aurora is about an hour from Ft Collins. I would be happy to give you a few shrimp, but would prefer you pick them up vs mailing them to you. You may also want to attend the Colorado Aquarium Society Meeting on Februray 2 in Wheatridge. Please pm me for details or a pickup time.
Eheim Pimp #181

29g High-tech jungle
5.5g Low-tech jungle
Old 02-03-2007, 02:51 AM   #7
WRXminion
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hello,

I live in the Boulder area and would love to get some of your shrimp. I have alot of plants in my tank, I'm not sure there names though. I would be happy to trade.

I'm new to the planted tank thing, and still trying to figure it out. I would love to get together for some advice.
WRXminion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2007, 04:32 AM   #8
spdskr
Planted Tank Obsessed

Hi, thanks for your message. You are always welcome to stop by my office or home. I will not ship any shrimp until the weather warms up in a couple of months, but you can certainly pick them up in person. Do you come to Denver often? Let me know the next time you will be in town.

Duane
Eheim Pimp #181

29g High-tech jungle
5.5g Low-tech jungle
Old 02-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #9
Solace
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

I think everyone who does plants should make the journey once a month to the local club meetings.. Lots of platns and fish and stuff available every month. Fairly cheap too!

I'd love to see a larger planted tank group there!

Will work for good water and co2.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #10
spdskr
Planted Tank Obsessed

Great suggestion! Networking with multiple plant enthusiasts is the best way to advance in this hobby.
Eheim Pimp #181

29g High-tech jungle
5.5g Low-tech jungle
Old 02-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #11
Jubs
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I think everyone who does plants should make the journey once a month to the local club meetings.. Lots of platns and fish and stuff available every month. Fairly cheap too!

I'd love to see a larger planted tank group there!
It is huge compared to when I joined the club there was Eric and me that were into planted tanks when I joined then I got Duane in there and he got all you guys but I agree we need more. I have been thinking about starting plant club for awhile. I am working on getting the details to make this happen. Anyone interested contact me via PM and we can see what we can come up.
Jubs is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2007, 03:17 AM   #12
saganco
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yup, I agree. I went to my first club meeting last friday night - fun bunch, and loads to learn there. Horrible 3 hour trip home in miserable conditions, but we would will still do it again! Even mom went thinking she would be bored to death, and spent half the time laughing. She liked the folks there as well and talks about several of them still. Highly recommended - and the mini auction is fun as well.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:19 AM   #13
samsffr

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Yahoo to samsffr

I live in Aurora aslo and would love to have a few of your shrimp. Do you have some left? I will pick up.
sj
Old 03-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #14
spdskr
Planted Tank Obsessed

Welcome to the forums, samsffr! Yes, I still have shrimp. I'll send you a pm.

Duane
Eheim Pimp #181

29g High-tech jungle
5.5g Low-tech jungle
Old 03-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #15
TAF CAF
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

Welcome samsffr! Hope you can make it to the comming CAS meeting. Bowl show classes for April are sharks and loaches, open class, and INVERTS!

We will be bringing around 6 snail entries and about 7 shrimp entries. It will be fun to see what others will be bringing.

Colorado Aquarium Society ___ www.2000webdesign.com ___
TAF CAF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.