ADA 60P|Ecoxotic E-series| PurpleMonkeyDishwasher - Page 30
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 08-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #436
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

I'll totally ship these! I toss them in the trash anyways because the growth is mind blowing. Rotala Round grows twice as fast in air, at least in my experience. The Lugwiga Brevip or whatever it is, grows only green in air, it's beautiful regardless.

Heres the tank before the big tear down, I got more pics on the process but for now, feast yer eyes on thee Rotala (Lugwiga) Brevip.

=======

I honestly thought no fertilizers and no Co2 in the tank would turn it into complete trash and I would have to redo the tank faster. It's just chugging along, I been harvesting the top growth and placing them in bins with soil. I ran out of bins.

Here a quick video on the growth,

YT- My YouTube vid - click here

And a request for the close up of the MicMol Led -

Aqua Illumination 26 vs --------------------------------- EcoTech vs --------------------------------- MicMol AquaPro - Plant

It's the same Cree XT, Orsam LEDs found in other high end LED fixtures. LED fixtures are a lot like LCD,LED Tv, there is only a handful of "panel" markers yet there are several brands.

To compare the actual product, you don't say "Samsung" vs "Sony" or "LED" vs "LCD", you compare the panel -

IPS
PVA
VA

Each will have their own pros and cons for their respective markets such as movies, graphic design, gaming.

You can do the same for light fixtures, such as

CFL
T5HO
LED (Surface mount vs single)
HID

So when someone says, "yo this fixture be the best dwag"

Show me a tank, don't show me a graph.
There no magical special spectrum, if you have a light that does full spectrum with the ability to control each channel, you got whatever spectrum the other guy has.

"yo dwag, tank needs more blue spectrum"
Raise the blue
"yo dwag, tank be needing more red spectrum:
Raise the red

Ask yourself, how were people ever able to grow lust tanks before LEDs? Don't get me wrong, I love full spectrum because it's great, but my kitchen Phillips 23W CFL were pretty damn great too.

An easy way to determine a general idea of how good the fixture will perform, is to search for tanks using the light and seeing the results for yourself.
FlyingHellFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #437
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

Yo, dawg, I feels you on the spectrum ish. I was telling this fool that I have been growing plants with normal CFL's, never paying more than like $2 for them.

LED's can be a bit different in the fact the spectrum of a single color LED may be much narrower, but in general, I still believe that output effects color at a much higher level than anything else. I think spectrum should be viewed as something to improve the appearance of coloration within plants, rather than something to improve the coloration of the plants.

I do look forward to hearing your reviews. I do now have two LED fixtures but you are one of the few using multiple types of LED fixtures that have the features I would need to replace/upgrade any non LED fixture (only one now). Most LED fixtures people are using are good, I just bought a Sat + for a new fixture on a new tank and it's cool, but what you are using (and you have more LED experience than most) may actually be what I need to really embrace the technology on a higher level.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #438
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post

I do look forward to hearing your reviews. I do now have two LED fixtures but you are one of the few using multiple types of LED fixtures that have the features I would need to replace/upgrade any non LED fixture (only one now). Most LED fixtures people are using are good, I just bought a Sat + for a new fixture on a new tank and it's cool, but what you are using (and you have more LED experience than most) may actually be what I need to really embrace the technology on a higher level.
That is a good choice, I'm loving where LED technology is heading and I feel the merit of the fixture should be place on other things beside "full spectrum", such as

How cool would it be to control our light fixture from the net?

How cool would it be to add a "increase red spectrum during x minutes" once our tank has mature?

What about a higher red spectrum on the left side for your Rotala and a higher blue for your HC Cuba?

The hobby has already proven you don't need LEDs to grow plants but I'm sure thinking LEDs would make it much simpler.

Embrace change! ADA has their AquaSky out for a while, I'm certain that they will release another model, a full(er) spectrum model with something better than on/off control.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:47 AM   #439
Xzavier247
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

This tank is amazing!
Old 08-27-2014, 02:48 AM   #440
mistuhmarc
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

To be able to control the LEDs from your computer or phone would be great. I'm sure it'd be expensive for software like that, but heck, it'd be pretty creative and useful.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #441
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

Videos I found, should of recorded more

Old youtube video of me trimming the carpet.

=======

ADA 60P overview

Tags
ada 60p matheson