Got a new baby betta today
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 04-28-2013, 04:03 AM   #1
wendyjo
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Got a new baby betta today

One of my old males passed away earlier this week (RIP Geezer), so I spent the day disinfecting his tank and it's contents (except the gravel, which I replaced), and setting it back up for the baby. She's a cutie, white with red fins. She's tiny, but looks more mature than the last baby I got which was transparent and stripey. I'll try to get a pic of her tomorrow - today she is chilling with the lights out to reduce stress.

Bought her what I thought was a log decoration and it turned out to be one of those floating logs! I was pretty surprised to say the least!
wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
Neptoon'd
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Aww! She sounds very much like the female betta my daughter has, she named her Strawberry Shortcake. And those floating logs are great I think. I have one in a community tank with the female betta and lots of fish use it.

Congrats on your new girl.
Neptoon'd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 04:26 AM   #3
wendyjo
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Thanks. Strawberry Shortcake is an awesome name! The little white girls with the red fins and the big black eyes are just the cutest little fish - so adorable.

I'll probably return the log - I'm undecided. I don't really care for how it looks in the tank and since I still need a cave type peice of decor for the tank floor I'll probably use the money for that. My local Petco has the worst selection of aquarium decor and the floating log was the nicest small peice that they had that I considered betta safe.
wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
Neptoon'd
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

I agree, I don't like the look of the floating log very much. But with my tank being so deep (16 inches), I thought it would be a good idea for there to be someplace that Strawberry Shortcake could sleep close to the surface if she wished. She usually sleeps on the bottom of the tank in a cave. I leave it in there anyway since it gets lots of use by the others, I've even caught a cory cat in there resting. Maybe once my plants get to be tall enough for her to rest on closer to the surface I'll take it out.
Neptoon'd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.