The Planted Tank Forum banner

very slow plant growth

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  mc1973 
#1 ·
so my tank has been set up for 2 months now and im experiencing very slow plant growth. My substrate consist of floramax and flourite, I have 2 beamswork led light strip not sure how many par its putting out. plants are low light not anything special. I dose with flourish and osmote root tabs, any suggestions?

#2 ·
If you want faster growth, you will need to up your light as that drives everything. However blindly upping the light is a bad idea. You really should borrow a PAR meter if possible. Or at least estimate. Regardless, if you up the light, you need CO2. CO2 will speed up growth as plants will no longer be limited by not having it. Or rather very little.

#11 ·
You have to remember for the most part "low light" plants are "low light" because they grow slow and don't need that much energy. If you want it to speed up try DIY CO2, usually that's the limiting factor not the light (if you can't switch out the light that is).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.