Multiple tank stand
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 04-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
tattooedfool83
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Multiple tank stand

Im looking to build a stand that will hold 3 tanks. 2-10 gallons side by side on top and a 20h on the bottom that has my daughters turtle in it. I have the mearsurements and factored in that i will upgrade to a 40 gallon on the top eventually

42"lx36"hx18"w are the dimensions. and the reason its 42" is bc the wall that i want it in is 48" with 2" of trim on each side as there is a doorway on both sides. So 42" fits nicely in the middle

Im not a carpenter by any means, my buddy is a welder and can build me a stand out of angle iron and flat stock. I would only have to pay for materials adn he would do the labor on it. Im waiting on pricing thru his company now as they get a better price.

Currently i have a 75 gallon tank on a angle iron stand. ITs plain and boring but super strong.

Really im posting this threat so maybe some members can post some pictures to it of there similar builds using wood? Im curious about the legs and supports. Ive looked thru the forum and i remember a few weeks ago seeing a thread about DIY stands but ive been looking for an hr and havent been able to come accross the one.

Id like this to be a free standing rack and not anchored to the wall, this is a rental property and id like to do as little work as possible when i move.

Thanks
tattooedfool83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
bertyboy69
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

you can build a very simple stand out of 2x4s and wrap it in plywood , ive made one for a 50 gallon which was 36 x 18 , can easily fit 2 10gallons on top and a 20 on the bottom. i currently have the 50 gallon on top and a 29 on the bottom as a wet dry.

if you search youtube for uarujoey youlll find many diy videos, the stand design is one most DIY stands follow for the framing at least and then you can wrap it and put moulding as you see fit to match the room.

and just curious what kind of turtle your keeping in a 20 gallon , i keep turtles and theres none that i know of that will live its life in a 20 high , if its still a hatchling i would expect and upgrade pretty soon just so you know
bertyboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
tattooedfool83
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Its an eastern painted and its still very small, i got it when it was no bigger then a half dollar. Its still not bigger then my palm. So i have time yet. But being as its an aquatic the 20h works great. Pretty interesting, smashes crickets and fish like nothing

Ill check out those youtube videos. Thanks.
tattooedfool83 is offline   Reply With Quote