Which Moss??
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Plants

Old 05-04-2006, 01:11 AM   #1
notoriouslyKEN
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Which Moss??

I have 2 moss balls in my tank now. I want to either attach them to driftwood or send them to the swap & shop & buy a different moss species for the driftwood. I'm really loving This Moss, but the link says its a slow grower and its a bit expensive considering I'd probably want a decent size chunk. There are a couple other types that interest me too, just don't recall the names at this moment.

What should I do?
notoriouslyKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2006, 02:03 AM   #2
rain-
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (36/100%)

I have wanted to shred a moss ball to long pieces and tie it to a wood, but I've always pitied the pretty balls in the end and left them alone. They wouldn't grow fast either.

And I think the Fissidens isn't a really good option since it really is a slow grower. You might want to do a search in the forum and use "moss" as the search word, there's lots of information and pictures of different mosses in the forum.

Here's some information too:
http://www.killies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19162
http://aquamoss.net/

Eheim Pimp #152
rain- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:54 AM   #3
Betowess
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)

Fisa sells nice moss on the forum from time to time as do others at RAOK pricing which is pretty much just the shipping costs. Check out the Swap and shop for sure. I like the Singapore and Christmas moss though its hard to attach to smooth driftwood. But it does great in crags and holes. I couldn't open the Aquabid site tonight, but I'm assuming that you were looking at Fissidens. Have you seen this site. Its pretty cool. http://www.aquamoss.net/Moss-List.htm

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
Betowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
notoriouslyKEN
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

I've been reading AquaMoss.net and Killies.com's threads for the past couple of days. Tons of information on there. I am going to start setting up the 75gallon where this will all go into sometime next week.

I forgot to add that the temperature in the tank will be around 78-82. I've heard some mosses won't thrive at higher temperatures, but will they survive?
notoriouslyKEN is offline   Reply With Quote