Having seriously bad luck
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 04-07-2013, 02:56 AM   #1
shrimpNewbie
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Having seriously bad luck

Fighting ich after fighting an internal parasite now I'm fighting a bacterial infection? And a weird white bump which is huge on one of my blue angels, I'm very concerned the large angel with the infection will die
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365299437.177700.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	120618
He has no use of that fin and it's got blood on edges, his body seems pink and his tail and dorsal are rotting with bloody edges, since the passing of my Betta which was my favorite fish in the world I can't lose another of my old timers :/ hope someone can help me.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365299562.726536.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	120626
This little girl has a huge white bump on her side and is lethargic and not eating much unless te food goes to her:/

Here is a better picture of the bloody fins on the big boy.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365299662.747180.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	120634

Tomorrow is a big water change day and the end of general cure treatment, any suggestions for
Medication? This needs to
Be fixed ASAP:/
shrimpNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #2
shrimpNewbie
Wannabe Guru

Default Having seriously bad luck

Although his small white spots are gone he now shows a large white spot also on the other side of his body, I don't care about losing my cycle as
Long as fish and
Plants live I'll do whatever it takes
Old 04-07-2013, 03:21 AM   #3
dtejeda.arias
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)

http://www.angelfish.net/VBulletin/s...ead.php?t=3602
Here's a thread I found...

Methalyne blue is also something to look in to... I use to treat my bettas with it after fights
http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/fr...lene-blue.html
It's a thread discussing meth blue. If you google it more in depth you can get precise dosing for your tank/needs

Thanks for your time
Danny Tejeda
dtejeda.arias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 03:33 AM   #4
shrimpNewbie
Wannabe Guru

Salt can damage my plants and I cannot move the fish :/ I'm not convinced this is ich the white spot is massive for ich
Old 04-07-2013, 04:09 AM   #5
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27

lots of water changes, if the tips of the fins look like they are rotting and bleeding it sounds like fin rot. most plants will be ok with some salt use. if it was me i would be more concerned with the fish than the plants. can you give any more details like all water parameters( ammonia, nitrate,nitrite,temp,ph) your water change schedual, all meds you have used, how long you have been treating, do you use a dechlor, and other tank mates
wicca27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
shrimpNewbie
Wannabe Guru

If it was water paeans all my angels would be affected only the two are, all other fish are fine also
Old 04-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #7
dtejeda.arias
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)

Salt wont affect a lot of plants... As far as meth blue you can treat the whole tank with that. Plants should be fine. You now have something causin misfits within your 4 walls of water. It's not about isolating a fish anymore it's getting the whole tank treated. Best I got. Will keep checking in with this post to better educate myself on other things besides salt and meth blue

Thanks for your time
Danny Tejeda
dtejeda.arias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #8
shrimpNewbie
Wannabe Guru

Taking a turn for the worst I think the big guy is giving up he is no longer trying to stay upright his nose is facing the surface. He may not make it through the night and I have to say this is the worst experience of my fish keeping years. I lost my favorite fish and now I'm losing my favorite angels to something meds Aren't helping with. I'll be going to get marcyn 2 or whatever tomorrow in hopes that may save the second angel. If it doesn't I'll be selling the other angels or giving them away :/ I'm more than discouraged and some may say they are only fish but to me they are lives that I was responsible for:/ I hope they show improvement tomorrow
Old 04-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #9
chibikaie
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

You do need to check your water parameters. It does look like fin rot or an internal bacterial infection. How big is the tank, and what fish are in it? Is this the same tank that had a recent spate of cherry barb deaths?

Any time fish are stressed, they are more prone to opportunistic infections. This stress can be from poor water quality. It can also be from a parasitic infestation.

You may need an antibiotic to clear things up, but you should start with making sure the water is as clean as possible. That should always be your first step. If you do not own a test kit, do a thorough cleaning and water change and then get one. Water are never going to hurt.

Most plants can tolerate small amounts of salt, by the way. I also do not know of any medications that harm the plants past saving. If you are that concerned about your plants, then put them in a fishless tank for 6-8 weeks, or dip them in a potassium permanganate solution.
chibikaie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #10
shrimpNewbie
Wannabe Guru

Yeah cherry barbs died the day or two after I put them in the tank, it's a 50g cube with 3 small angels a big angel 2 rams some sae and 4 rummy tetras, the only sick fish are two Angels it's not te water params causing it.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
shrimpNewbie
Wannabe Guru

Thank you, I'll be getting methylene blue as soon as I can and I'm going to grab a 10 gal to hospital them in. If any other fish starts to show signs I'll move them As well. And a weird thing is happening to the small angel, the bump is protruding to the other side of her body in the exact same spot
Old 04-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #12
thelub

PTrader: (13/100%)

I bet your SAE's are part of the culprit. They can get vicious. Also, get some melafix. Its not a medicine, but it will help boost their immune system once they start the healing process.
thelub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #13
shrimpNewbie
Wannabe Guru

It's for sure fin rot, it's killing the angel he is now starting to float instead of swim he probably only has an hour or two left :/ the sae btw keep to themselves the more aggressive fish in the tank are the Angels but they seem to be calm now not even picking on the baby that's in the tank, after the two blues due ill be giving away the other Angels and going with small fish only. This is a sad day
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #14
thelub

PTrader: (13/100%)

I've been able to revive fish I thought were gonners. Have you dosed the green yet? I would even go so far as to dose the green and melafix together.

good luck! Sorry to hear they are getting so sick.
thelub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #15
shrimpNewbie
Wannabe Guru

Green? If he is still alive around four he will be moved to a bucket with heater and air stone for medicating. If he doesn't make it the biggest fish in my tank will be the rams

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.