Oebt babies and orange eyes - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 04-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #16
Bananariot
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)

From what I can tell those aren't oebt babies
The first pic in post 14 looks like an oebt baby but the others not so much.

All of my OEBT's have very definitive orange eyes even when they were young, blue or blonde

The others do look very supreme reddish as they resemble neos. Ur pics look a lot like those baby neos u see on planetinverts and such. Maybe ur supreme red and ur oebt gave birth at the same time without u knowing it?
Bananariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #17
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (27/100%)

They showed up the same night as my oebt was supposed to give birth and ended up empty, would be a very crazy coincidence. Also why would I have 2 Identical looking babies, one with orange eyes and one with black. I could be wrong I know that. But I really do not think they are supreme red babies also because I had the supreme reds for month longer than the oebt's. I never ever saw any babies until the oebt was due to have hers.
Forumsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #18
Bananariot
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forumsnow View Post
The majority are orange with tibee like white stripes and black eyes like this one
I'm certainly not knocking the ability to have black eyed tigers. I just say they may be supremes because............
that image + your first pic just has an uncanny resemblance to the one on planetinvert's site.

Baby Cherry Shrimp
Old 04-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #19
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

They have more of a solid orange head with a clear tail with white stripes on it. In person they look nothing like that picture.

Also now that I look closer I have found 3 of the orange headed shrimp with orange eyes.

And why are my oebt's eggs brown instead of orange? Not trying to argue with anyone just trying to figure this out. Kinda looking like I may have to wait for them to grow up.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #20
sbarbee54
The Security Dude

PTrader: (107/100%)
Default Oebt babies and orange eyes

If it quacks like a duck looks like a duck must be a duck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Finnex Pimp #8
sbarbee54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #21
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (69/100%)

When my OEBTs were berried they all had dark green or brown eggs...my big whopping example of TWO berried OEBTs. LOL
ravensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #22
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well I am wrong I guess, not the first time. Them supremes are sneaky, only ever saw one berried and the next day she was down to only one egg. I have found quite a few babies with orange eyes so ill take babies of both. Just such a crazy coincidence they dropped on the same night and honestly they look nothing like that pic in person. But if I'm wrong then I'm wrong, still I win haha.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #23
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (69/100%)

Here's ya another clue.... if those orangey ones are growing faster than the clear ones, they are neos. Neos grow WAY faster the other species.
ravensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #24
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yep come to terms they are neos, just crazy I never saw the berries. I'd say I have atleast 10 oebt babies kicking around with another two ladies who should be dropping in the next week or less. I had pretty much written off the neos with only 3 left but it looks like ill have a real big colony soon. I've never seen babies if any kind before and never saw berries on the neos so I just assumed they were all oebt. We all know what happens when you assume I guess! Haha I'm still happy :-)
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #25
gtu2004
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananariot View Post
I'm certainly not knocking the ability to have black eyed tigers. I just say they may be supremes because............
that image + your first pic just has an uncanny resemblance to the one on planetinvert's site.

Baby Cherry Shrimp
his looks nothing like cherry.
gtu2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #26
Bananariot
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtu2004 View Post
his looks nothing like cherry.
Yeah I did all of that from my iphone 4, from a computer it doesn't look like a cherry as much.........but my pfr babies do look like that.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #27
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ya these are my first babies I've gotten from either of them. The white stripes on the tails and the fact that I never saw any berried supremes is what really threw me off. I have since found about 15 orange eyed bluish babies. The supreme babies really don't look like any cherry babies I have seen online but I believe people who have them that is in fact what they are. Also what Jaime said about the supremes growing faster I see is very true. Definitely happy to have the supreme babies as I really thought they were doomed a slow death as they are more in tiger conditions. Thanks for the help everyone :-)
Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #28
Bananariot
Planted Tank Guru

Them neos are tanks!

cept for yellows. lol
Old 04-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #29
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

See I saw the exact opposite, I initially had them in hard tap and was losing one about every week. Then I got my ro/di for the oebt and the deaths stopped. But I was only left with 3 of the 13 I started with, bad molts on both. But I have only lost 2 oebt and that was months ago when I tried doing less water changes. I have weird luck I guess lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #30
Bananariot
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forumsnow View Post
See I saw the exact opposite, I initially had them in hard tap and was losing one about every week. Then I got my ro/di for the oebt and the deaths stopped. But I was only left with 3 of the 13 I started with, bad molts on both. But I have only lost 2 oebt and that was months ago when I tried doing less water changes. I have weird luck I guess lol.
Could be an issue with whatever is in your tap. I've recently tried using tap for a new tank and after cycling it's still a death trap. All the neos and babaulti kicked the can pretty fast. I suspect something in my school's piping....even after aging it and prime, I still have issues. I moved them to a R/O tank and all is good.