Mark's Almost-ADA Build - Page 21
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 12:57 AM   #301
MABJ
Invert Warrior
 
MABJ's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,883
Default

Mark's Almost-ADA Build


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
I have a berried tiger and several fresh molts in the tank. Give it a month or so and I may have a few tigers to send your way!
Right on!!!! I can dig it!
__________________
|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #302
MABJ
Invert Warrior
 
MABJ's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,883
Default Mark's Almost-ADA Build

Well. Still no berries for me. Not sure what it is. Perhaps I need to give it time for biofilm and everything to grow. We'll see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369771538.986627.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	149594

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369771562.057786.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	149602
__________________
|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #303
bitFUUL
Aquaponics FTW!
 
bitFUUL's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grolando
Posts: 1,324
Default

Loving the tank Mark, but why give ADA any credit? (post topic) It seems you are digging the aquatop tank, give them the credit then instead.
__________________

[50g][30g][18g][12g][11.4g][7.5g][7.13g][5.5g][4.1g][3g] - [grow][pond]
bitFUUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:39 AM   #304
MABJ
Invert Warrior
 
MABJ's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,883
Default Mark's Almost-ADA Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitFUUL View Post
Loving the tank Mark, but why give ADA any credit? (post topic) It seems you are digging the aquatop tank, give them the credit then instead.
Haha well. It was fully intended to be an ADA tank. I actually was about to purchase one and everything.

Then I dropped a few things here or there. It is almost ADA because it really almost was ADA (I've been wantin' an ADA tank for a while)

Thanks for the compliment. I really like the way this size of tank looks on a dresser.
__________________
|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #305
Bananariot
Planted Tank Guru
 
Bananariot's Avatar
 
PTrader: (25/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Biddeford, Maine
Posts: 2,635
Default

Yeah so I got super lazy and I finally filled up my tanks today........
CRS, TB babies all over the place in 2 tanks, more oebt babies too, and blue diamonds.

Pays to be lazy? LOL basically survived in stillwater at 50% water level for a month.
Bananariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #306
MABJ
Invert Warrior
 
MABJ's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,883
Default Mark's Almost-ADA Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananariot View Post
Yeah so I got super lazy and I finally filled up my tanks today........
CRS, TB babies all over the place in 2 tanks, more oebt babies too, and blue diamonds.

Pays to be lazy? LOL basically survived in stillwater at 50% water level for a month.
I hate you so much right now lol. I don't understand how that's even possible lol. At all..

Ah well. Good for you. I may need to add stock to my blue diamonds. They don't seem to want to breed.

Hope your summer is well ATM :p
__________________
|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #307
Bananariot
Planted Tank Guru
 
Bananariot's Avatar
 
PTrader: (25/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Biddeford, Maine
Posts: 2,635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABJ View Post
I hate you so much right now lol. I don't understand how that's even possible lol. At all..

Ah well. Good for you. I may need to add stock to my blue diamonds. They don't seem to want to breed.

Hope your summer is well ATM :p
hehe. Yeah the BD's are the most active breeders. My CRS kicked it into high gear. TT's still lead the way by a long shot.
Bananariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #308
MABJ
Invert Warrior
 
MABJ's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,883
Default

Oh man. I just figured out why my BD's seemed stressed.. The GH was friggin 16!!!!!!

From zero KH it went to 4 KH. Holy cripe. Something rose the params in there and I'd like to know what. It isn't the rocks.

Well I actually was shooting for an 8gh, 4kh tank, and I was considering getting a salty shrimp product to do it, but I may see how this works. Test once a week and top off with RO daily. See what kind of breeding I get.

After a 50% water swap, filter cleanup, the GH and KH are 8 and 2 respectively. I can live with that. I think it's good for neos and tigers if Nubster ever gets his breeding well enough.
__________________
|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #309
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru
 
Nubster's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Romney, West Virginia
Posts: 3,526
Default

Yeah, tigers breeding well. BD's aren't. One batch on the ground slowly growing but haven't had much action since. I'm getting some algae growth on the glass now. Almost like diatoms but I wouldn't think I'd be getting that at this point. Not much else going on in my tank. More plants added yesterday to the rip setup. One tiger ready to pop with babies, the other I think might have already. There's some clear babies running around that don't look like BD's.
__________________
EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:32 AM   #310
MABJ
Invert Warrior
 
MABJ's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
Yeah, tigers breeding well. BD's aren't. One batch on the ground slowly growing but haven't had much action since. I'm getting some algae growth on the glass now. Almost like diatoms but I wouldn't think I'd be getting that at this point. Not much else going on in my tank. More plants added yesterday to the rip setup. One tiger ready to pop with babies, the other I think might have already. There's some clear babies running around that don't look like BD's.
Nice work! At least you've got a batch going in BD land. And those tigers are super nice. Whatever happened to that bacterial infection you may have had?

Also-- let me ask you what your thoughts are on max adult pop in here? I may get tigers, may get more BDs? What do you think is a good number if I hope to breed out?
__________________
|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #311
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru
 
Nubster's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Romney, West Virginia
Posts: 3,526
Default

Well, seems that the shrimp that looked infected must have been the one that died the other day. All BD's are accounted for and no other shrimp look cloudy.

Not sure about numbers. I have 4 BD's now not including babies and got some breeding. Tigers started with 10 and got two berried females. I guess it's just one of those number games, the more you start with the better chances you have. Maybe once you get your kh/gh sorted out, your BD's will settle enough to breed for you.
__________________
EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #312
MABJ
Invert Warrior
 
MABJ's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
Well, seems that the shrimp that looked infected must have been the one that died the other day. All BD's are accounted for and no other shrimp look cloudy.

Not sure about numbers. I have 4 BD's now not including babies and got some breeding. Tigers started with 10 and got two berried females. I guess it's just one of those number games, the more you start with the better chances you have. Maybe once you get your kh/gh sorted out, your BD's will settle enough to breed for you.
Guess I'll let things simmer first. I'm never great at initial stocking. I usually stock too low.
__________________
|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #313
That70sfishboy
Planted Member
 
That70sfishboy's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Franklin, Wisconsin
Posts: 184
Default

Update on this awesome tank?
__________________
That70sfishboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #314
Psiorian
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (11/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: California
Posts: 356
Default

Any update on this tank? I'm curious to see the growth with that light.
Psiorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #315
MABJ
Invert Warrior
 
MABJ's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiorian View Post
Any update on this tank? I'm curious to see the growth with that light.
Sure I'll do a pic update soon.
__________________
|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012