Azrie's ADA 45P High Tech
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 01-31-2015, 06:20 AM   #1
Azrie
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Azrie's ADA 45P High Tech

I recently found someone locally selling a lightly used ADA 45P and thought I'd give a smaller tank a try after having a 20 long a few years ago.

Current Setup:
ADA 45P
ADA Amazonia
Eheim 2213
Hydor ETH 200
Finnex Ray II DS 7000K

Plants
Pogostemon helferi (downoi)
A. Reneckii "mini"
Blyxa Japonica

Want to add:
Anubias nana "petite"
Cryptocoryne parva
Hydrocotyle tripartita sp. Japan
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Just have to find a place to buy here in Canada as none of my LFS have these in stock right now.

Livestock (Coming soon)
Cherry Shrimp
Celestial Pearl Danio

I have a livestock order coming in sometime next week so I'll be adding them soon. I hope to have the layout complete so I don't have to disturb them as much with changes.

I have a few plans for the tank as I go along:

New light as the finnex I'm borrowing. I'm thinking the Ecoxotic E Series or a Satellite Planted+ Pro. Have to decide which one.

Right now I'm dosing Excel for carbon but have a regulator on the way, should be here in a couple weeks, and I'm sourcing out the rest of the equipment for pressurized CO2.

I'm also going to try some DIY acrylic lily pipes/spraybar to replace the green eheim stuff.

Here are some tank shots. It has been setup for a few weeks. I'm not sold on the hardscape layout and I threw the plants in there to get them growing so they aren't in the final layout spots.

Last edited by Azrie; 01-31-2015 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: Adding
Azrie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2015, 02:33 PM   #2
Kayen
Planted Tank Enthusiast

theplantguy.org is your best friend. If not, I could easily find what you need, seeing as you're in the same province - shipping won't be too bad. Shoot me a PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
Azrie
Algae Grower

Quick update: tank seems to be doing well just a bit of hair algae here and there so I've reduced the photo period by a few hours to keep it in check. I've also ordered 10 CPDs and 10 red cherry shrimp and they should be here in two days!

I also took out the rocks from the tank to play around with the layout as I wasn't really happy with the way they were. Here are a few layouts:

Any comments on which one you like better? I'm leaning towards one of the first two. I like the height and interest they create.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:21 AM   #4
FlyingGiraffes
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Out of your selection I like 2 the best. It has more depth and dimension to it than 1.
FlyingGiraffes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2015, 04:04 AM   #5
Powerclown
Algae Grower

I like layout 4,but you have to move the little stones more to left and spread them uneven out
Powerclown is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #6
Azrie
Algae Grower

Tank 02/15/2015

Changed the layout to something a little different. I think this adds more interest and depth.

Added 10 CPDs and 10 cherry shrimp. So far the CPDs are doing well but I lost about 4 shrimp in the last week. I think it was a combo of water parameters being off and a couple being eaten by the CPDs.

The A. Reineckii Mini has melted a little along with the downoi. Having a bit of green algae on the glass but nothing too major. Snails are also exploding in population.

I'm hoping to fix the plant melting with CO2 being added soon and start dosing ferts. I kinda don't want to add ferts before the CO2 and risk an algae bloom. Just have to wait for my regulator to come. Should be here in a week or so!

More tank pics:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.