Can epoxy be used on DIY CO2?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 11-23-2002, 04:05 PM   #1
NFish
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Location: Colorado, USA, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I'm out of aquarium silicone to glue the airline to the lid of the bottle, Can I use epoxy instead?
NFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2002, 03:59 PM   #2
Tom713
Algae Grower

It would probably be safe to use epoxy. Most epoxy dries very hard, thus very unlikely to leach anything harmful in to your aquarium. But being the worrier that I am, I would take the time to buy a small tube of aquarium safe silicone. You can buy small tube at ACE Hardware for less than 3 dollars. This way, you know you are safe.
Tom713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 09:10 PM   #3
ridns
Planted Tank Obsessed

I drill a 3/16" hole in the cover, put a couple drops of super glue around it, and force a airline tubing fitting used with the white airstones tightly up against the cover. Let it dry about 5 min and its ready to use, without any unsightly gobs of silicone sealant. Its never caused me any problems, and it won't leak! :hehe:
Eheim pimp #128, 55gal 13x20x48, Eheim Pro 2227, CO2 injected, into the filter breather tube,4x 55w Pcs , 12 hr light cycle (sunrise/sunset simulated), Milwaukee SMS 122, faulty bubble counter replaced with M3 bubble counter..... moderately Planted, Plantex CSM+B and ferts

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research
ridns is offline   Reply With Quote