The Buce Crypt Mountain Tank Breakdown see last post - Page 10
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 04-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #136
pianofish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

Hey everyone, So as you've seen in my previous updates, I have been very busy with rescaping the tank. In order to keep all my plant species in order, I've made a portfolio of them to go along with my normal tank updates.

It took hours upon hours of sitting/ staring/ glueing/ placing in order to finally get my tank scape finalized, but it is now finished, and I am very satisfied.

Full tank Shot

Left Side

Right Side

Middle Shot

Bucephalandra Portfolio

Bucephalandra Shiny Blue

Bucephalandra Lamandau Green

Bucephalandra Lamandau Purple

Bucephalandra Antyovani #2

Bucephalandra Shiny Purple

Bucephalandra Icarus Bell

Bucephalandra Bukit Betung

Bucephalandra Theia Big

Bucephalandra Bronze

Bucephalandra Theia

Bucephalandra Mini Catherine

Bucephalandra Kir Adonis

Bucephalandra Golden Bell

Bucephalandra Pink Centipede

Bucephalandra Super Blue (CrazyDaz version)

Bucephalandra Mini Lagoon

Bucephalandra Copper

Bucephalandra Brownie Ghost

Bucephalandra Super Blue (Duck version)

Bucephalandra Red Stem

Bucephalandra Shine Green

Bucephalandra Fake Catherine

Bucephalandra Variagated - pic to be added

Bucephalandra Brownie Red - pic to be added

Bucephalandra Grey - pic to be added

Cryptocoryne Ferruginea

Thanks for looking,
Joshua

Last edited by pianofish; 04-24-2014 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: fixed list
pianofish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #137
Duck5003
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (40/100%)

Now THAT'S an update!! lol lookin awesome dude! That bucephalandra bronze is one i've never seen. Beautiful!

Great pics too btw, really gives a true perspective of the different types. Can't wait to see this fill in
Duck5003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #138
johnson18
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)

Looks awesome! Nice to see all of the different varieties up close. This is gonna be an amazing tank when it fills in! Imagine that, one good tank gets broken down and made into another sweet tank!
johnson18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2014, 04:58 AM   #139
pianofish
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck5003 View Post
Now THAT'S an update!! lol lookin awesome dude! That bucephalandra bronze is one i've never seen. Beautiful!

Great pics too btw, really gives a true perspective of the different types. Can't wait to see this fill in
Appreciate the compliment Duck! I'm really enjoying this rendition of the tank. I did an algae one two punch last night to take care of any remnants of bba or hair algae. Then I added my fish back to the tank this morning. Everyone is doing fine. Having a mature filter allowed for cycling in about 2 days. And dude I'm really loving the bronze. I really hope it keeps its coloration. The person I got it from had ridiculously high lighting, so we will see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson18 View Post
Looks awesome! Nice to see all of the different varieties up close. This is gonna be an amazing tank when it fills in! Imagine that, one good tank gets broken down and made into another sweet tank!
Thanks Johnson! I personally enjoy looking back to all of my old single species photos to see how much my plants have grown, where I started from to where they are now kinda thing). I can't wait to see it fill in either. My goal for this tank is to be a more low maintenance high tech tank. Only have 3 stem species. Rest are all Aroids, which are definitely my preferred style. I think adding the rocks to the tank brought out a new good layer. And I don't know if you can tell from the pics or not, but while I intentionally sloped the substrate from back to front. What unintentionally happened was that in the ravine in the middle of the scape, the substrate rose from front to the back, but in the middle dipped back down, and then rose again. It's hard to describe it, but in real life it makes the tank look much deeper than it really is. (I was quite please haha)

Thanks for looking everyone.
Joshua
Old 05-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #140
pianofish
Wannabe Guru

This is how I take my breaks from finals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKgg4...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by pianofish; 05-13-2014 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: fix
Old 05-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #141
pianofish
Wannabe Guru

Anyone know how to embed youtube videos? That link is a video of the tank.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #142
Duck5003
Planted Tank Enthusiast

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...ighlight=embed

There ya go! Ya, definitely missed that video. Looks great! Those green neons are a nice compliment to the scape. What's that you have tucked away on the right there?? Looks like a young snow white or marbled nana?
Old 05-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #143
Ebi
Aquatic RASTA Farmer

PTrader: (153/100%)

Quote:

There ya go! Ya, definitely missed that video. Looks great! Those green neons are a nice compliment to the scape. What's that you have tucked away on the right there?? Looks like a young snow white or marbled nana?
That is a young marbled nana from me teehee

LOOKS AMAZING JOSH!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #144
Dr Fishbait
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

One question; Is that you playing the piano on your video?
By the way, the Downoi I wanted to give you has all melted!!!! Must have been grown with CO2 or some way that it didn't like my tank.(that's one reason I wanted you to have some cuz I know you would have kept it alive.) Well, $15 down the drain. Went ahead and ordered a CO2 setup from Bettatail and I'll build the regulator I have later. Hope finals went well.

Last edited by Dr Fishbait; 05-05-2014 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: sp
Dr Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #145
pianofish
Wannabe Guru

Quote:

Thanks Duck! I agree man. It is so very peaceful after work or school to go just sit in front of my tank and watch the school move all over the tank!
Your buces are doing great by the way! That Bucephalandra Copper is really a pretty plant! And Mike(Ebi) is right, thats a marbled nana, my crown jewel of the tank. Thats why it gets its own planter orb haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebi View Post
That is a young marbled nana from me teehee

LOOKS AMAZING JOSH!!!

Thanks again Mike, from the rocks, to the plants, this tank would not have been possible without your help bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Fishbait View Post
One question; Is that you playing the piano on your video?
By the way, the Downoi I wanted to give you has all melted!!!! Must have been grown with CO2 or some way that it didn't like my tank.(that's one reason I wanted you to have some cuz I know you would have kept it alive.) Well, $15 down the drain. Went ahead and ordered a CO2 setup from Bettatail and I'll build the regulator I have later. Hope finals went well.
No that is not me unfortunately, although, I should think about that for my next video, I have a few recordings that I could use....
Awe man, stinks about the Downoi! But trust me man, you won't go wrong with a solid co2 setup like that. It is very very beneficial to all your plant growth. I've never heard anyone get sad over having better plant growth haha...

Tank is continuing to grow well. I've been very busy with finals over the past few weeks. Exams are over though, and bam scored 2 B's and 3 A's. All of my not fish forumming paid off.

In other news, I got some Cryptocoryne Petchii Pink for this tank. It is a really cool plant comes from one of those gel cup distributors in Europe. I got some off a guy on the forum.

All the bucephalandras have been steady growing except for one, which melted back a good bit. Things are starting to stabalize and mature, as a nice small layer of green is forming on the new rocks added to the tank. Foreground of Marselia Crenata is coming in quite nicely. So now I just keep everything up and farm out these buces, so that when it's time to move to the 60 gallon, I have plenty to choose from.
Joshua
Old 05-15-2014, 03:48 AM   #146
Duck5003
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianofish View Post
Thanks Duck! I agree man. It is so very peaceful after work or school to go just sit in front of my tank and watch the school move all over the tank!
Your buces are doing great by the way! That Bucephalandra Copper is really a pretty plant! And Mike(Ebi) is right, thats a marbled nana, my crown jewel of the tank. Thats why it gets its own planter orb haha.
Glad to hear they are doing well! Its funny because i like to call my aquariums my "sanity" lol I can always relax and think watching my tanks Nice job on the finals, always feels good when sacrifices pay off!

The copper is really cool, very unique buce. You know, I saw that pic of the super blue and i'm shocked at how green yours is. Mine, same plant that i had split is much darker. Have you seen much new growth from it? I know its one of my slowest growers.

Sweet marbled too, i had a feeling Mike had a hand in that i have a jewel or two of his as well. Cool plants! As always, a pleasure reading through your updates.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #147
pianofish
Wannabe Guru

Got a new video up check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwJ_H7rZ0EQ
Old 06-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #148
Dr Fishbait
Algae Grower

Hey! You're still there! Thought you had fallen off the face of the earth or had gone offshore. (Same thing!). Tank looks Great!
Old 06-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #149
pianofish
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Fishbait View Post
Hey! You're still there! Thought you had fallen off the face of the earth or had gone offshore. (Same thing!). Tank looks Great!
Hey man. nah school got busy, and then a really crazy week of being really sick. All better now. but you should of seen the BBA when I got back to my apartment.... But taking every piece of driftwood out one at a time and directly squirting excel made quick work of that. Only lost 2 shrimp out of the entire livestock in the tank through the entire ordeal. Not too shabby...

Joshua
Old 07-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #150
Dr Fishbait
Algae Grower

Josha, its time for an update, don't you think.
Buces must be taking over the whole tank!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.