looking for people in maine - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Maine

Old 06-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #16
gimmethatfish
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

looking for people in maine

Portland here as well. Nice to see there are some other people into planted tanks here. I was beginning to think I was the only one. Unfortunately I am pretty new to this planted tank thing so I wont have much for plants to trade and will be more on the buying side of things for a while.
gimmethatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #17
ReefkprZ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I'm in maine. up here in bangor. if your up this way drop me a line before you come up I am always harvesting and tossing stuff I'm sure I can set you up with a plant or two. you dont have to worry about buying I usually throw away most of my trimmings so just throw a note and head over.

125g marine reef tank, 6 gallon fluval edge minimalist aquascape (in progress), 1 gallon aqueon evo 2 betta tank.
ReefkprZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #18
gimmethatfish
Algae Grower

Thanks. I will actually be in Bangor later this month for a wedding. I might drop you a line before the wife and I head that way.
gimmethatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #19
ReefkprZ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

no prob just throw me a PM I usually check in once a day or so. so send one a day or two before and I can give you directions.

125g marine reef tank, 6 gallon fluval edge minimalist aquascape (in progress), 1 gallon aqueon evo 2 betta tank.
ReefkprZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #20
DerCribben
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

So I guess there are a few people here afterall, nothing like the amount of people they have in Cali or NY or AZ but then again...this is Maine...our biggest city has 60,000 people in it.

I don't have much by way of trimmings yet but at some point I should have some hygro stems, hornwort and some other stuff up for grabs. I just shipped a giant mass of "misc" I raok'd off to NY a couple of days ago. I'll post here first next time I guess and give the locals a shot at em first.

Any pics of everybodys tanks?
Old 06-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #21
sink
Algae Grower

Howdy. I'm in Portland too, in the process of setting up my first planted tank. I picked up an old 29G and stand free from a friend and am starting to build a lighting setup. I suppose I'm going to have to order plants, which is annoying. Eventually I think it would be nice to have a handful of people locally willing swap stuff, especially given that we don't have a good LFS.

Cheers!
sink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #22
howle

PTrader: (0/0%)

I'm in Portland, too. I've got a 29G and am setting up a 40G breeder from PetCo. I don't have any extra plants yet ... some of the stuff in the 29G will go over to the 40. I just got some trident fern and moss for it from someone on this site. The 29 has mostly crypts, anubias and lileopsis. I'm happy to swap when/if things take off.
howle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #23
skld808

Just moved into Bar Harbor and wanting to start a planted tank good to see there are some people are to get some advice about it all. Is there gonna be any meetings coming up?
skld808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:53 PM   #24
sink
Algae Grower

I don't think there is yet a plan for meetings, but I would be willing to attend...
sink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:42 AM   #25
MaineAquatics
Algae Grower

Hey guys I'm up here in Waterville... but I'd love to come down south once in a while if something got started. Sometimes Vances in bucksport has a great selection of plants, his fish are REALLY nice.... for the saltwater folks AquaCorals in fairfield is probably one of the best reef shop in the state... definitely in the top 3 I'd say..
MaineAquatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #26
DieselJunki
Algae Grower

I live near Augusta Maine
Old 10-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #27
jjstanman69

Default Just moved here

I am new to the area, now living in brunswick, and I would love to find more people interested in the hobby.If you guys are still interested please feel free to email me.
jjstanman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #28
fermentedhiker
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Hello from Warren. While I've messed around with plants before, I only recently started getting more serious about it.

Adam
Old 02-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #29
Drewsplantednutz
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)

Bump
Drewsplantednutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #30
yyankeeyankeefan
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

hello. i just joined this site and i am in Augusta Maine. have you had any luck finding any freshwater clubs here? i have had a heck of a time. though i don't have transportation to portland for meetings . but i would love to be able to trade plants (once mine start to take off as this is my first real run with planted tanks) ideas, and learn more about them.
yyankeeyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote