Leopard Sailfin pleco FREE for pickup in South Eastern PA
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 08-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
AquaAurora
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Arrow

Leopard Sailfin pleco FREE for pickup in South Eastern PA

Sadly I cannot provide a large final tank for my Leopard Sailfin Pleco (Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps) due to life just generally wrecking plans. He's currently 13.5" long (nose to tail tip), about 6" wide (including fins), don't know height with sail sadly hard to get a measurement. He will max out at about 18" long probably within a year and needs a tank upgrade now.

I'm giving him away for free to anyone willing to pick him up and give him a large tank home (would prefer 150g or more, but anything bigger than the 55g is a good forward step right now).

I do not live in Philli and will not drive into Philly, but I'm happy to donate him to a Philly resident if they can drive out of the city to pickup. I'm willing to meet most areas in south east PA including but not limited to: King of Prussia, Malvern, West Chester, Boyertown, and Reading. Shoot me a pm if you have another area in mind for pickup.

If you have any questions or are interested in him let me know (pm or post here)

[Below text is taken from raok thread]
This is very hard for me to do, but I need to give up my Leopard Sailfin Pleco (Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps), as he is getting to large for his tank and I don't have the finances to buy/build a larger one. I will note, plecos are hard to tell gender on, I call it a "he" but I do not know if it is a he or she.

WHAT YOU GET
1x 13.5" long Leopard Sailfin Pleco
1x new 5g bucket w/ lid + 3-4 gallons of tank water (for transport)
1x remaining bag and contents of Hikari Algae Wafers (roughly 4 oz, this will last a while)
Any zucchini I have left in the fridge at the time of transfer (may be non or up to 3 zucchinis)

HOW TO GET
With his size I cannot easily ship him, so it needs to be 'local' pick up.
I will NOT go into Phili (I live north west of it and its takes too long to drive into, not comfortable with pleco in a bucket that long). But if you are willing to leave Philly to meet me I don't mind donating him to a Philly resident.
CONTACT ME to let me know you are interested! Tell me town/general area you'd like to do pickup at. I'd also greatly appreciate some info on the tank you are going to house the pleco in (gallons, dimensions, other fauna stock).
Pickup can take place in: King of Prussia, Malvern, West Chester, Boyertown, Reading.. May also consider other towns/areas, let me know areas you'd be willing to meet at in South western PA (again I will not go into Philli).
Once we determine a town to meet and what date/time, we'll find a public place to agree on for the transfer (such a a shopping center parking lot or petstore's lot even if you want to pick up a few things ^^)

MORE INFO ON PLECO
Originally obtained: Bought Aug-Sept 2012 from Petsmart
Eats: ZUCCHINI, Hikari algae wafers, lettuce, spinach, water mellon, cantaloupe, butternut squash.
Current Measurements: 13.5" from nose to tail tip, 6" wide (tip to tip of pectoral fins)
Feeding: 1x day 1/2 medium zucchini or 1/3 large zucchini (no prep needed just snap it off) and 1 whole algae wafer. Occasion treat of small slice of fruit or leafy greens. He likes his veggies on the bottom (substrate) but as the slideshow displays, he'll swim up and grab floating food chunks.
Current Water Params: 76F 7.5pH, gh 160s, kh 70s can be dripped into new params.
Only ever had one case of constipation, cleared with a pea. Fins are in pristine condition (he did shred them when transferred to his current tank because he broke loose of my grip and went carpet flying.. they healed up completely within 1-2 weeks without dosing meds or changing tank conditions). No other medical issues for him or fish in the tank he's shared, no medicine was ever dosed to him or the tanks he's been in.
I use to handle him a lot in his first tank, however I've not handled/pet him much in his current tank, but once he is use to his new home and owner I'm sure he'll become tolerant of gentle handling/petting again.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

SOME PHOTOS:
Slideshow of him eating some loose zucchini last week (set speed to fast)

This is his true glory, natural colors when not doing the camo color change to blend in

And here's a spam of other recent photos in the past 3 months

taken 3 days ago:

BELOW PHOTOS TAKEN IN MAY. HE IS NOW 13.5" LONG AND 6" WIDE (measuring from fin tip to fin tip)

AquaAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
free fish, give away, pennsylvania, pleco, raok