The Planted Tank Forum banner

Possible Ich in my tank, please help!

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Tinder 
#1 ·
Hello all, so upon looking at my tank today I noticed my Sword tail has 2 small white spots on his head. It is a bit paler then the rest of his body, and he is acting a little erratically. I am not sure if this is actually Ich or it was just a spot I have not noticed before, so to be safe I wanted to add some aquarium salt to the tank and bring the temp up a few degrees. My question - can all my fish and plants survive the salt?

7x Zebra Danio
2x Golden Dojo Loach
4x Sword tails
3x Black Fin Tetras
1x Platy

3x Java Fern
2x Hornwort
1 unidentified Cryoto
1x Rotalia Inidica
2x Amazon Swords
1x Pennywort
and 2 other low tech plants that I am unsure of. Thank you for the response.

#4 ·
So in the end, I have beaten most of the ick with Kordon Ick attack and then, once the QT was purchased and set up, Appro Quick Cure. but their where casualties. I lost 1 Zebra Danio and 1 Guppy to unknown causes (different tanks, no meds with the guppy) which neither showed signs of ick. A Golden Dojo Loach in the tank with the mysteryously dead Guppy color has paled and skin to seems to have started peeling off! he does not swim well and i am tarting to see blood pooling where it seems the skin has completely peeled through. I am wondering what this could be and what to do about it. I believe I will have to eutonize this Loach, he is so far gone it would be mean to try and medicate him I think but is this contageous? After reading up on different diseases I thing he either has Tuberculosis (which is AWESOME because Ive had my hands in there the past few days) and septicemia. Well its just time to play the waiting game I guess. and ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.