The Planted Tank Forum banner

My first Kribensis fry

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  tattooedfool83 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I have to brag :flick:... about 2 weeks ago I got a pair of Kribs(Pelvicachromis pulcher) and they have finally spawned. I put a flower pot in there, thinking that would be a good place for them, instead the female chose a lil crack in the drifwood. It's pretty interesting to watch them care for the fry. I'm very excited.:icon_smil

Here is a short video (sorry for the quality and the reflection of me)

Kribensis fry

Kribensis fry feeding time

Kribensis fry about 2 months old

Kribensis about 3 months old

Feeding

#4 ·
CONGRATS! Kribs are beautiful! Good Luck with the fry.

#6 ·
just keep doing what you are doing. Kribs are the best of parents.

#10 ·
just added new video to my first message. I was feeding them brine shrimp for the first time today. Everybody got their stomachs stuffed:). They are very interesting to observe as most of you guys said. :)

#15 ·
Lil update: I have now between 30-40 baby kribs (some of them died), which are about 2 months old now. I moved them to a separate tank about 2 weeks ago. They seem to be doing fine, eat a lot, growing nicely :) Just added a new video to my first message.

#18 ·
You can leave them with the parents. They will continue to protect/raise them until the parents reach the point that they are ready to spawn again. At that point, they cease to recognize the first spawn as anything but a threat to the newest spawn and will hunt them and kill them in a smaller tank. Mine were housed in a 29g, I'm not sure how large of a tank you would need to avoid this happening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.