The Planted Tank Forum banner

Gone for 1yr, crs still alive!

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  joshh 
#1 ·
I've been studying in Singapore for the past year and got home last night. To my amazement my crs were still alive. Prior to leaving I sold off most of things but didn't have enough time to get rid of my last tank, a mini-m with the left over crs. I can tell they are barely clinging to life though.

I had everything set up so all I asked someone to do was top off the water. I had planned to give further instructions later but never had the chance to. In fact, I quickly forgot about most things due to the overload of work I had to do in school.

For now, I'll see if I can revive these guys. They don't have the eheim i set up anymore. It must have clogged over time and they took it out of the tank and put in a hob. Even the hob isn't working now and I don't know how long that has gone for. To make things worse, its winter and the heater was taken off w/ the canister.

Now I hope I don't kill them off while trying to save them.

#9 ·
So far so good.

I put in the eheim and heater. I'll slowly start to clean it and watch over it for now. I was left with about 9 sss crs when I left but there are about 25 of them now. Took out 1 dead shrimp I found though. Who knows how many more were lost :(

The only plants they had were a large piece of fissidens and an anubias on a manzanita branch, which are all dead now. I'll have to buy them some new ones.

#11 ·
Cool! What were you there for? Although I was there for a year I didn't get much time to explore until school was done. I enjoyed the stay overall though. Food was good and really cheap. Public transportation was excellent. A very safe environment because people tend to mind their own business, but that makes it a bit dull as well. As for your last statement...I lol'd because its so true but so unfortunate!

#21 ·
Molting is just a part of the shrimps growing. They will sometimes molt if there's a water change(for me it was adding more water). I can't say my tank is a comfortable environment for them at the moment. I believe the molted shell can tell you about the quality of the water though but I'm not too sure. I've been away from shrimp knowledge 2 long and I myself need to get back on track :hihi: Maybe someone else may give a better answer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.