Our very own planted tank show/ competition
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New Jersey

Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
gmoses
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Our very own planted tank show/ competition

I was talking to a friend after watching all the videos of other countries competitions I was wondering why can't we organize something. I know my cichlid sites have auctions... I know betta guys have competitions and shows. So maybe we can get something where we do it small at an elks club. We charge a few dollars at the door. We can get a store like the AdA shop to sponsor it and we can do raffles for hard to find plants and shrimp...
Thoughts?

Last edited by gmoses; 02-21-2013 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: spelling
gmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
zeek21
Algae Grower

PTrader: (22/100%)

Great idea,might be hard to organize. Would it be strictly for jersey residents?
I'm sure some people[myself included]could donate a bag or two of rare or semi rare plants for a raffle using that cash to pay the hall for rent
Old 02-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
gmoses
Planted Tank Obsessed

I realize you would be a lot to work out but I really think it would be a benefit to all especially some of the local sponsors. It seems to me people are willing to drive quite a distance to support a local store that gives back to the hobby. SO this would be a great opportunity for the hobbyist come together with the stores and get to know who carries what and in return the shops can see what we as the hobbyist are looking for. At the same time it gives us all an opportunity to show off our stuff and enjoy the hobby. I know as a newb I rarely get to see planted tanks in person so i watch on youtube with great jealousy... I know its still just talk but seems to me it should be something that we all would want. Imagine all of the local shrimp breeders can bring some stock and show off what they are working on...
Or a rare shrimp raffle.... Could be very cool.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
babydragons
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I really like this idea. But who would take on the daunting task of organizing? This is gonna be super hard
babydragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
zeek21
Algae Grower

North Jersey aquarium society is having a fall auction and show. There will also be a planted tank contest,I believe it is being called aquarium beautiful. I entered a small tank at one of the monthly meeting shows and will probably be bringing two plated aquariums to the fall show. You can get more info at their website njas . I think I also posted the upcoming events in the nj section here.Any questions just let me know
Old 02-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #6
gmoses
Planted Tank Obsessed

that is very cool...i will definitely try and attend. i would love to know more about it. How do you set up a tank? do you bring a tank that is set up already?
very good to know...
Old 02-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #7
zeek21
Algae Grower

For a monthly meeting I had a finnex 4 gallon tank that was mostly emersed put into what they call their monthly bowl show.For the October show which is a whole lot larger I am bringing in that finnex tank and a ten gallon tank.Just remove the water,large rocks and fish and set it back up at the show.I just finished painting the stands in anticipation of the show.
There will probably be other members bringing in tanks as well.If anyone wants information just go to njas [North Jersey aquarium society],or ask here or PM me.It is a great show with several different show fish such as livebearers,plecos,bettas,and many more species
Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #8
jerseyjay
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoses View Post
I was talking to a friend after watching all the videos of other countries competitions I was wondering why can't we organize something. I know my cichlid sites have auctions... I know betta guys have competitions and shows. So maybe we can get something where we do it small at an elks club. We charge a few dollars at the door. We can get a store like the AdA shop to sponsor it and we can do raffles for hard to find plants and shrimp...
Thoughts?
Are you familiar with http://www.njagc.net/ ?

jerseyjay is offline   Reply With Quote