Bucks 56 Gallon Journal - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 10-07-2003, 01:46 AM   #16
Buck
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (3/100%)

Wooooo-Hoooooooo...you tell him Mike !

Quote:
Well at least the blyxa is doing well in somebodys tank
I tell ya what then Marcel... bring over all your Blyxa and i will give ya all my Val's ! LOL

And by the way...

The Giants couldnt plow snow... let alone the Pats !

Which reminds me about the directions I gave you to my house... I forgot to tell ya its the one with a Patriots Banner Hangin' On the Front Porch !

:hehe:

Old 10-07-2003, 01:51 AM   #17
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Oh man....I just opened a big can-o-worms.
FILSTAR Pimp #2

75 gal heavily planted,50/50 Black beauty,Eco-complete substrate, Pressurised CO2 with solenoid, ph controller, AB Reactor 1000, 330 watts 9325K GE PC lighting,Ehiem Liquidoser, 2-Filstar xp3 canisters.
m.lemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:53 AM   #18
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

Are you sure you want to ride over there....

Mike
Old 10-07-2003, 01:58 AM   #19
Guttboy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to Guttboy

OOOOHHHH YEAHHHHH RAMIREZ THREE RUN HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOO HOO GOOOO SOX! and GO PATS!

Mike

I am a relentless New England Fanatic! :lol:

10 Gallon...20 Endler's live bearers planted, peat/kitty litter/sand substrate

15 Gallon...Just Schultz Aquatic Plant soil
Guttboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 02:00 AM   #20
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

I'll be going over with some Blyxa in one hand and a weedwacker in the other. And I know how to use it
FILSTAR Pimp #2

75 gal heavily planted,50/50 Black beauty,Eco-complete substrate, Pressurised CO2 with solenoid, ph controller, AB Reactor 1000, 330 watts 9325K GE PC lighting,Ehiem Liquidoser, 2-Filstar xp3 canisters.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:05 AM   #21
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

We need to talk about this weed whacker fixation you have...

What is your verdict on the Blyxa? Easy? Hard?
Was it worth the aggravation??

Mike
Old 10-07-2003, 01:49 PM   #22
DLeDeaux
Planted Tank Obsessed

Send a message via ICQ to DLeDeaux Send a message via AIM to DLeDeaux Send a message via MSN to DLeDeaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
On a good note though the glosso is taking hold and my native acquired Ludwegia variety (front right corner) is just gettin sweeter by the day with the CO2. Somehow I need to work a stand of this into the tank through clippings.
Hey Buck, how about a close up of your Ludwegia progess. I'm curious to see if it is morphing the same way as mine did. ( http://www.doodlefrog.com/users/dave...20dscn0554.jpg (116K)) I trimmed mine back and replanted a bunch of tops.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:46 PM   #23
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro
We need to talk about this weed whacker fixation you have...

What is your verdict on the Blyxa? Easy? Hard?
Was it worth the aggravation??

Mike
The blyxa is struggling in my tank. I'm not sure if its lack of light, substrste fertilization or too much micros. I put some jobes sticks under them about a week ago and they seem to be doing better. The problem is the old growth withers away fairly quickly making for a pretty scragly looking plant. I read that it likes soft water with low conductivity. I'm not sure what they mean by low conductivity, but I think they're referring to dissolved metals(micros).

My fixation is on the those vals :lol: Let me at em!!!
FILSTAR Pimp #2

Old 10-08-2003, 12:59 AM   #24
Buck
Planted Tank VIP

I have soft water Marcel, that must be the key with the Blyxa because they really havent been in my tank long enough for us to say it would be the substrate or the ferts making the difference. My lighting is just under 3 watts and the tank is deep so it sure aint brightlighting by no means . :roll:
Heres a photo I just took tonight,and now seriously Marcel, if you are struggling with the Blyxa and its getting you down and you would really like to give it to a good home but you just aint sure which home... heave I gotta deal for you
I would gladly pay you BIG DOLLARS for all you have...well OK, fair market value anyways... LOL

This photo kinda sucks but look at the green in the Blyxa in comparison to the new growth on the hygro poly behind it... wait till ya see it Sunday, at this rate it will look like a night light !

DLeDeaux,
We both indeed have Ludwegia's but different varieties for sure now. Those are beautiful clippings you have there and look very healthy ! Thats what I am working on with mine as well.
I took these 2 photos tonight to show you... if you look in this photo you can see at the base of the plant how it is really going to bush out ! The centers of the long stems will be discarded and I will replant the tops and the base of the plant in a more strategic position. Also in that photo you can see the glosso starting to thicken and spread, hopefully Marcel will let allow me to let that entire front corner become a glosso-mat...

Now in this photo you can see the leafs are very different and if you look real hard you can see them starting to pearl...
Also of note in this photo is the lush look of the vallisneria background...
And Marcel wants to destroy all my Val's.... now comon people... look at those Vals, tell me they aint beautiful !!!!

Can I get an Amen fellow gardening enthusiasts ?? :hehe:

How About Them Red Sox !!!
Old 10-08-2003, 01:50 AM   #25
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

A Red Sox fan too. Man I gotta give you Red Sox fans credit, I just don't know how you guys can keep so enthused about a team that hasn't won a World Series since 1918. :P

Marcel
FILSTAR Pimp #2

Old 10-08-2003, 01:55 AM   #26
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

Gee Whiz!
I am disappointed!!! :cry:

Sox fan?!??!!

I REALLY USED TO LIKE BUCK!!!!!

Just kidding!! Buck you are still "The Man"! :lol:

Mike
Old 10-08-2003, 02:03 AM   #27
Buck
Planted Tank VIP

IF YOU CAN READ THIS YOU ARE NOW A RED SOX FAN

:stupid:
Old 10-08-2003, 02:03 AM   #28
Buck
Planted Tank VIP

:hehe:
Old 10-08-2003, 02:07 AM   #29
DLeDeaux
Planted Tank Obsessed

Send a message via ICQ to DLeDeaux Send a message via AIM to DLeDeaux Send a message via MSN to DLeDeaux

That's looking awesome! I do see the difference. Yours has a broader leaf, and mine is more narrow and "pointy".

Mine displayed the same branching characteristic though. After a while, it branches with two new stems every couple of nodules, whether it has been cut or not. It always makes two new stems at a cut point but seems to randomly create them down along the stem at other parts too.

Oh, I uprooted the original plant that I got from the pond and man had it ever put down a root system! I was very surprised to see so much root on a stem plant like that so quickly.

I do see the pearling. I haven't noticed much, if any, pearling from mine though.

I think I'm addicted to doing the local plant hunt thing now Something really satisfying about finding a plant in the wild, putting in your tank, watching it metamorphise and grow into something beatiful.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:54 AM   #30
Guttboy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Guttboy

I THought the SOX almost blew it last night....I was here in the chat room with Kyle and Wellbiz while the game was on...I have NO FINGERNAILS LEFT...LOL.....When the announcer said the dreaded "BILL BUCKNER" I thought it was as sure as done and they would lose ...but OHHH NOO.....GO SOX!!!!!!!!

heheh ok I wont kidnap the thread any longer....Great looking tank Buck!

Mike

10 Gallon...20 Endler's live bearers planted, peat/kitty litter/sand substrate

15 Gallon...Just Schultz Aquatic Plant soil
Guttboy is offline   Reply With Quote