Fortuna can be a @#$%#!!!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 02-20-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
Hobbes1911
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)

Fortuna can be a @#$%#!!!

I just need to rant. Today has been one of those days. We had a water leak in the bathroom; water came rushing down from the ceiling. Unrelated to that, the landlord then told me that there's an issue with the pipes for a downstairs unit and most likely they will have to rip open the kitchen walls to get to the pipes.
But the kicker is this: I've been getting back into the hobby lately. I had two tanks still running more or less (algae factories) and they are both under control now with receding algae and increasing water quality. The water parameters are getting into check, and I ordered some supplies from amazon mainly because I don't have a car and there is really no FS local to me. I built two light stands with the limited supplies our apartment allows and they are rather functional and not ugly. In other words, I've been feeling pretty satisfied with myself. And I guess here is where Fortuna decided to throw a wrench into the gears. So I come home today and notice my pH meter isn't working. I turn it on ... nothing. No friendly beep, just nothing. The display won't turn on. I spoke with the company that makes them, and they told me it's most likely broken, I can't do anything to repair it (I'm not a good electrical engineer) and since I bought it 2.5 years ago, that's half a year over warranty that they won't do anything. Now I have $100 dollars of junk sitting on my counter . I wanted to buy some more supplies and eventually livestock, but I guess that hope is out the window. @*&%$@#. Today wasn't my day. Maybe tomorrow will be. Or maybe I'll come home tomorrow evening from a long day and realize the cat drowned in my tank. Who knows. Needed to rant, thanks for listening.

Last edited by Hobbes1911; 02-20-2013 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: Clarity
Hobbes1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 04:28 AM   #2
Kinection
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

It's ok dude. We all have bad days. I remember when I had that feeling.
Plans to setup a new tank, but the shop I planned to buy a rimless tank
sold out and they are closing by March. Sucks. I know. :/
Old 02-20-2013, 04:31 AM   #3
pmcarbrey
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinection View Post
It's ok dude. We all have bad days. I remember when I had that feeling.
Plans to setup a new tank, but the shop I planned to buy a rimless tank
sold out and they are closing by March. Sucks. I know. :/
I fail to see how that even comes close to having a leak in your house and needing to have a wall torn up along with having a $100+ piece of equipment break.

Sorry for the crappy day mate, I know the feeling, it happens to the best of us. Just remember that even from rock bottom things can only get better!

Last edited by pmcarbrey; 02-20-2013 at 04:31 AM.. Reason: Censor on [censored][censored][censored][censored]ty.
pmcarbrey is offline   Reply With Quote