AquaTouch
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Arizona

Old 10-11-2004, 11:39 PM   #1
AZDesertRat

PTrader: (0/0%)

AquaTouch

Are there any other stores in the Phoenix Metro area? AquaTouch has a good selection but that is all I have found.
AZDesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2004, 06:18 AM   #2
Sundewd
Algae Grower

I have heard of a place called "The Ocean Floor" they have a HUGE selection of fresh water and salt water species. I've never been, its pretty far from where I live. I would really like to go sometime.
Sundewd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
pseudoblond

Ocean Floor is AWESOME...they have everything you could ever want or need, plus many many huge display tanks. They're on Thomas, just east of I-17 on the south side. Theres also a little store on the SW corner of Bell and 9th St that usually carries a variety of HTF saltwater fish, as well as FW. They also have pet supplies and a great reptile selection, they always have geat color morphs on snakes, and many, many arachnids. I get all my feeder fish and mice there. Or for SW also try aboutthereef.com...they're on Price and something out by Arizona Mills, I believe
Old 02-27-2005, 03:08 PM   #4
stuler

Pets Inc. has a great selection of Freshwater and saltwater fish. It's located on the NE corner of Mill and southern in Tempe.
stuler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2005, 12:39 AM   #5
AZFIsh1
Algae Grower

Ocean Floor is an amazing place to see. Very kewl store. Pets Inc is a great shop too. They have awesome specials from time to time.
AZFIsh1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2005, 01:23 AM   #6
Atari1972

I've only recently moved to Phoenix but have been actively scoured the metro area for shops to get back into the hobby. Here's what I've found.

Aquatouch -- nice,clean tanks but they really only cover two areas, Salt Water (very impressive) and plants with a few fish they consider very plant oriented. The staff was really friendly and helpful but aside from some of the plants I wanted they didn't have much to offer. If you need a special plant or some good info they are worth a visit.

The Ocean Floor -- Huge variety and some big show tanks but I found them to be pricy and the service was terrible. They had a lousy plant selection and after 30 minutes I made someone talk to me and they just grabbed the fish and threw them in a bag. When I got home I noticed one was missing an eye, another missing a fin so I took them back an hour later and they just started making jokes about how I must have bought these fish at a discounted rate. The show tanks were all that impressive either just big tanks with a 3ft pleco and some full grown bala sharks whoo hooo! Needless to say I have not been back.

Pets Inc. -- Almost as big as Ocean Floor. Lots of freshwater variety for fish with plenty of exotics and probably the best selection of plants i have seen yet but all of this comes at a premium, you will pay for this availability. I saw Celebes Rainbows here for $9.99/each and the exact same fish at another store for 4/$9.99 same size and color just as an example. The staff here was also pretty slow to talk. Another thing I noticed is they have many tanks filled with RO water so if you aren't using RO water that could get ugly when you bring your new friends home I think, the tanks are labeled though. They also carry some live foods which I don't see anyone else really doing. I looked for over a month before I found Java Moss here on the first visit.

Phoenix Tropicals --- A true "diamond in the rough" tucked away in an alley on 37th street this is my favorite so far. They carry only freshwater fish and plants. Staff is super friendly. They carry a number of exotics and a pretty extensive selection of cichlids. Some of the exotics can get pricy as expected but overall I see no sign of gouging like at Pets Inc. Thanks to the old guy at Petsmart that told me about this place, I have yet to find anything but a yellowpages entry for this place on the net.
Atari1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2005, 06:13 PM   #7
BigB
Planted Member

What he said. I know this post is old but i want to give some info for the stores.

The ocean floor is a really nice store. You do have to pick your fish you want or you can get a bad one. I have bought lots of fish from them and are the healthiest ive seen.

Pets inc is also a really nice store

For more rare fish Phoenix tropicals is the best bet. It is tucked away in a not so great neighboorhood. But it has a HUGE selection of fish in the back. The staff is very friendly also.

Also Fins and friends is a nice little store mostly coral. and saltwater. with some good anubis plants and common FW fish. Great TANK SALES!!
BigB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #8
sardesign
Algae Grower

Phoenix Tropical all the way. They will order fish for you too.
sardesign is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #9
Roy Deki
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (53/100%)

Sorry to highjack this thread....

Several people including Scott are going to get together as a not-so-organized Arizona Aquatic Plant Club. Rhonda Wilson (from TFH) will also be participating. If you have any interest please PM me. Keep in mind this will be very casual get togethers, to trade plants and ideas.

Thanks Roy
Roy Deki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2006, 06:55 PM   #10
Robert H
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
Default Best plant selection in AZ

I thought I would add that since June of 2006, Pets Inc now has the best selection of plants of any store in the state, including many rare plants. Plants such as Petite nana, Anubias nana eyes, narrow leaf java fern and lots more. Virtually any plant sold on my WEB site can now be found at Pets Inc or ordered for you there. No more worries and anxiety about what condition plants will arrive to you by mail. Walk in the store, pick out what you want.

Roy Deki now works there too! Do you want to see more stores in Arizona carrying these plants? You can earn 25 dollars by reffering a store to me. Email me for more information.
RAOK Club #1
Kindness like love is unconditional
Robert H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2006, 05:06 AM   #11
chinchek787
Algae Grower

Tropical Treasures just finished putting together a nice duel tank plant setup, much like the ones found at Petsmart and Petco.
chinchek787 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2006, 05:16 AM   #12
fshfanatic
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

The Ocean Floor is costy. I just bought an FX5 from Pets Inc that OF wanted an additional $75 for.
Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

fshfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2006, 05:32 AM   #13
chiahead
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (38/100%)

Ya I like Pets Inc alot. They always seem to have different kinds of fish in that most places do not get. Plus one of my good friends work there so double bonus. AquaTouch is awesome too as the manager-Scott is also a good friend. Both awesome stores in my opinion. Ocean Floor does nothing for me in terms of the planted tank market. I guess you can call that a plant setup but a crappy one. As far as fish go they do have a decent selection but I will never buy from a store that supports buying/selling modified or altered fish(jelly bean parrot/glow glass fish, etc). Just my opinions!

chiahead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2006, 06:35 AM   #14
Jighead

Does anyone know if Pets inc sell large tanks like 125 gallon and up? I have been searching all over town trying to find one and pets inc is a LONG drive.

Thanks, it is nice to see some Arizonans on here .

- Jighead
Jighead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2006, 07:18 AM   #15
fshfanatic
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

Yes they do.
Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

fshfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.