Activity - Page 30
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 09-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #436
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Welcome Brandon to the Michigan subforum! It looks like you have your hands full.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #437
Mebbid
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMYukonon24s View Post
Welcome Brandon to the Michigan subforum! It looks like you have your hands full.
Thanks! I wouldn't have it any other way. The tanks are there to keep me sane while I spend the next 2 years of my life in both a full time job and full time school
Old 10-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #438
tmcpherson301
Algae Grower

Has anyone noticed how insanely large some of the plants for sale are at Meijer now? I just picked up 2 crypts (what the tag said) and they were insanely huge!

Successor to More Fun in a 2.5:

College is over 2.5: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=635386
tmcpherson301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #439
pseudomugil
Algae Grower

Hi, I'm Alex, I'm a highschool student from Kalamazoo

I have one 20 gallon long planted tank,
one 36 gallon hex mbuna tank
and one 3 gallon long dbp tank that will soon house shrimp
pseudomugil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:16 AM   #440
jagerlite
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Nick here, I live in lansing. Currently have a 75 community tank and just started setting up 55 gallon dirt tank today.
@tmc, the best stock flora and fauna I've got is from meijer. I swear their fish are bullet proof.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #441
Mebbid
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerlite View Post
Nick here, I live in lansing. Currently have a 75 community tank and just started setting up 55 gallon dirt tank today.
@tmc, the best stock flora and fauna I've got is from meijer. I swear their fish are bullet proof.
I avoid meijer like the plague up here for pet things. However I do enjoy taking a trip down to lansing to visit preusses
Old 10-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #442
TekWarren
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

First post! I'm in Twin Lake just outside north Muskegon, work in Norton Shores doing IT.

After many years away from keeping aquariums I just set up a 40breeder. Plants are just getting a good start and slowly adding stock. Just have red cobra guppies (one female popped so tons more now) we picked up from Blue Fish last week. I was in Lansing Friday to take the civil service exam so I took the opportunity to check out Pruess and what an awesome store! 6 Corydora Hasbrosus made the 2 hour trip home with me. I'm excited to be working on this new planted tank since winter is approaching and I won't be able to enjoy our ~2400gal outdoor pond for several months.

I didn't read through all the posts here yet but interested to know if there any others others near me around the Muskegon area.
TekWarren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:09 AM   #443
chan0482
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcpherson301 View Post
Has anyone noticed how insanely large some of the plants for sale are at Meijer now? I just picked up 2 crypts (what the tag said) and they were insanely huge!
I KNOW! I have 4 GIGANTIC crypt wendtii red in my QT for the last 2 weeks from Meijer. I assumed they had been there forever due to how robust their leafs and roots were.
chan0482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #444
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Meijer seems to be one of the best suppliers of regular stock on most easy start plants.

Crypt parva, wendtii. Various swords and rotalas, pennyworts.

I've been planning on returning to my local store, and buying all the Crypts they've got on hand for my 55 Community.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:13 AM   #445
Blackheart
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)

Yeah, Meijers is an amazing place for plants. You could literally do a whole tank with bunch of different species just from getting them at Meijers. I even found Dwarf Sag there one time. Must have been a mistake though, cause I haven't seen it there since

I, personally, got some nice lookin Rotala Indica tonight for my 40breeder. Had insane growth on it.
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #446
plantedgoblin

Hey everybody I'm about to set up my first tank: dirted 20 gallon long in a couple weeks here in Lansing. Glad to see some fellow plant growers in Michigan!
plantedgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #447
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Minor update, Tanks are running well, Redistributed my duckweed since I've decided to go salty in one of my 10's.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Old 11-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #448
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

How's it going everyone?

Anything new?

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 11-28-2013, 02:01 AM   #449
fearsome
Algae Grower

I live in the Lansing area and wondered if anyone around here has a PAR meter? I have various lights I would like to test to get information out to the community.
fearsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #450
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Welcome Fearsome, I'd be interested in the use of a shared PAR meter as well.

Hopefully we'll find some answers.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~