Activity - Page 17
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 04-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #241
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Sounds interesting Blackheart.

So I've come around to the blasting sand, it sure does take forever to rinse, and it's still probably not entirely cleared but it does look pretty awesome. especially with some darker fish popping with solid green plants, and then the albino glowlights and neons really make it pop.

Thinking of starting a mini tank like a critter keeper as a Crypt propagation tank.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #242
Blackheart
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Sounds good. Crypts are awesome. Def my favorite plant. I stopped into this LFS on woodward today and they had Long finned White Cloud Mountain Minnows. amazing fish. love the colors. and they only get them once a year they said.

I love going to Meijers. they always have wicked looking Crypt Wendtii. gotta go there and get some more.

Last edited by Blackheart; 04-26-2013 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: ....
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #243
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

My tank progress has been put on hold due to the crazy flooding we had last week. :c Had to tear out the carpet in the basement and it's currently (and finally) being treated and cleaned. In the meantime, our basement stuff has been moved to the living room... which meant planting my corn snake cage right in front of my empty aquarium and blocking off access to it.

In the mean time I'm soaking a piece of driftwood, hunting for parts for a QT tank, and still waiting for enough spare time to rinse my sand. One of these days there WILL be water in my tank!
lullafishi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #244
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
Sounds good. Crypts are awesome. Def my favorite plant. I stopped into this LFS on woodward today and they had Long finned White Cloud Mountain Minnows. amazing fish. love the colors. and they only get them once a year they said.

I love going to Meijers. they always have wicked looking Crypt Wendtii. gotta go there and get some more.

Meijers also has Crypt parva, but it's always labeled the same as the wendtii but once you look at all the pots they have, you can tell the difference I think. The one here in BR has bronze as well. all listed as Wendtii

lulla sorry to hear you had to deal with flooding, but look at is as nature saying, "Well if you won't fill the glass box with water I'll try to myself."

Oh right and good news, the 55 is clear, the fish all seem happy and the plants are even starting to show new growth already.

and I started attempt no.1 on DIY root tabs.
the next step will be getting some osmocote+ so I know I can use it in Tanks with livestock.

Current batch is just miracle grow plant food spikes dissolved into water and then mixed into the clay. And it will go in plant only micro tanks until I figure out if it's good or not.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Old 04-29-2013, 05:04 AM   #245
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Getting some help from a friend on another site, to get DIY Co2 setup running smoothly.
Current rig runs, just not as well as hoped sealant issues again.

Started up 2 jars with Black blasting sand today, Need to quit procrastinating on making a thread for those jars.

Let's see some activity here again haha.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 05-05-2013, 04:04 AM   #246
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Well everyone seems to have let this die down again.

Michiganians, and Michiganders, what's going on with you lately?
Anyone trying anything new?

Anyone have any info on a sale, a local breeder with cool stock?

I'm considering getting a new ten gallon up and running as a plant growout tank to try my hand at propagation of new plants.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 05-05-2013, 04:20 AM   #247
BarbH
Planted Member

Default Re: Activity

Not many changes on the tank right now, letting things grow in. Probably by next week I will have to do some trimming on some of my stems.

Have made some progress on setting up my fishroom/office/library. Moving the two bedrooms around to accomplish this.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
BarbH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #248
Plant keeper
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Nothing much with my tank but I am really hoping to get a 60gal or 75 gallon this month cause my 55 gallon isn't looking like it going to hold up for another year now the only problem is asking my mother to let me get upgrade my 55gal. My father say yes. If anyone has any good way of asking let me know I have a job so it's not like I am broke. (ps. I live @ home because I can't get my own place yet)
Old 05-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #249
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Plant keeper, is it in your room?
If so, let her know your wishes, and just give time to think it over.

That is usually the best way to get someone you care about to come to your line of thinking about something, pressure free, and open time.

Plus if it's a hobby for you, maybe you can include her in it?
My friend started his tanks, and ended up giving his 29G to his mother, when he upgraded to his 60 Gallon.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 05-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #250
Plant keeper
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maechael View Post
Plant keeper, is it in your room?
If so, let her know your wishes, and just give time to think it over.

That is usually the best way to get someone you care about to come to your line of thinking about something, pressure free, and open time.

Plus if it's a hobby for you, maybe you can include her in it?
My friend started his tanks, and ended up giving his 29G to his mother, when he upgraded to his 60 Gallon.
yes it's is and she hate it that I have all 5 tanks in my room she say "I want your room to be a room with no fish tank in it" And I say well it would be if the basement had room for my tanks.. I have had this used 55 gallon for 6 years and the silicone on it doesn't look that good my fear is that it will brake.. How do I get parent's to let me upgrade it to a 75 gal... And it's a upstairs bedroom..
Old 05-06-2013, 02:04 AM   #251
BarbH
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant keeper View Post
yes it's is and she hate it that I have all 5 tanks in my room she say "I want your room to be a room with no fish tank in it" And I say well it would be if the basement had room for my tanks.. I have had this used 55 gallon for 6 years and the silicone on it doesn't look that good my fear is that it will brake.. How do I get parent's to let me upgrade it to a 75 gal... And it's a upstairs bedroom..
Other than the tanks being in your room are there any other objections that your mother would have about upgrading the 55 gallon?

Old 05-06-2013, 02:08 AM   #252
Plant keeper
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbH View Post
Other than the tanks being in your room are there any other objections that your mother would have about upgrading the 55 gallon?

She doesn't like the Width of the 75gal. I was think of telling her that because she is worried about the tank braking that we need to upgrade it...
Old 05-06-2013, 03:26 AM   #253
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Well A good plan for this situation is to impress her with some thing then.

I would not recommend trying to con her with it might break above the living room, as that will end with no fish tanks upstairs.

I'd stick with let her think about it.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 05-06-2013, 03:33 AM   #254
BarbH
Planted Member

I agree with giving her time to think about it. You said that your dad is supportive of getting a larger tank, have you asked him about what may help with getting your mom to agree with upgrading your tank? You don't want top make your mom feel like you are pushing her to make a decision, but he may have some good suggestions and may be able to help you.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #255
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

I'm not sure what your keeping but what if you tell your mom that if you can upgrade to the 75g you'll take down 2 of your tanks. So that you'll get the larger tank you wanted and you will have a neater room with only 4 tanks.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.