Playing Hooky
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 03-20-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
loach guy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Playing Hooky

So I just found out today that my 10 y/o son has Monday off from school. I like the idea of having a job to pay the bills, so I was able to request the day off on short notice with my cool boss. My plan is to spend the day just me and him. We are probably going to hit the archery range, and a couple of fish stores. It will also give me some time to get a lot of work done on my 75 newly planted aquarium (which I have an Ich situation going on). Anyone got any stories of getting out of work to do something more important and work on their fish tanks?
loach guy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2015, 06:16 PM   #2
theatermusic87
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

I was laid off due to weather (too much snow and too cold to do tree work) for 2 weeks, and it was a great excuse to play with my tank
Old Today, 07:15 AM   #3
Maechael
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I traded off shifts before so I could do my monthly maintenance at home.
Just now doing it again, 6 months later.

Spent the whole night cleaning, and the next day at Preuss Pets, wonderful time spent with a special woman.
Emersed Tub Club #27

Last edited by Maechael; Today at 07:23 AM.. Reason: spelling
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 12:44 PM   #4
loach guy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Preuss is awesome. My brother-in-law, my son and I make a pilgrimage there every year after we attend the coral show in Lansing (My brother-in-law is a saltwater guy, and my son and I plan on taking on saltwater after we've had our fill of planted tanks). This past time I was there though, they had the Celebes rainbows I had been searching from more than a year for. They also had the perfect compliment to them in signifier rainbows. Long story short and $300 later, I was on my home to my fiancee who knew I was going to spend too much money on fish. So I figured I needed to lighten the mood, so this is how it went down when she got home. Mind you I had bought a $7 bag of clamps 2 weeks before to acclimate $150 worth of fish and there were a lot of bags.

So my fiancee gets home and says "how much did you spend this time"? I reply "First you need to understand that I spent $7 on that bag of clamps and need to get my money's worth out of them". Well, that didn't go over so good.

So I tried changing the subject to what I can go out and get us for dinner. She didn't fall for it, and it came out that I dropped $300 on the fish. Her reply to that was "You know, you could have bought me something REALLY nice with $300. Like a really nice purse or something". So (again, to try to lighten the situation) I replied "Well I did buy you something really nice. I bought those fish, and you can enjoy them just as much as I can. So technically you owe me for half". That's when she told me to leave her vicinity and go get dinner. Something about me being in her presence making her ill. Haha.
loach guy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 12:53 PM   #5
rick dale
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Default hooky

loach guy , sounds like you got a full day planned. A pretty nice one to boot.
Old Today, 01:57 PM   #6
Bushkill
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loach guy View Post
Preuss is awesome. My brother-in-law, my son and I make a pilgrimage there every year after we attend the coral show in Lansing (My brother-in-law is a saltwater guy, and my son and I plan on taking on saltwater after we've had our fill of planted tanks). This past time I was there though, they had the Celebes rainbows I had been searching from more than a year for. They also had the perfect compliment to them in signifier rainbows. Long story short and $300 later, I was on my home to my fiancee who knew I was going to spend too much money on fish. So I figured I needed to lighten the mood, so this is how it went down when she got home. Mind you I had bought a $7 bag of clamps 2 weeks before to acclimate $150 worth of fish and there were a lot of bags.

So my fiancee gets home and says "how much did you spend this time"? I reply "First you need to understand that I spent $7 on that bag of clamps and need to get my money's worth out of them". Well, that didn't go over so good.

So I tried changing the subject to what I can go out and get us for dinner. She didn't fall for it, and it came out that I dropped $300 on the fish. Her reply to that was "You know, you could have bought me something REALLY nice with $300. Like a really nice purse or something". So (again, to try to lighten the situation) I replied "Well I did buy you something really nice. I bought those fish, and you can enjoy them just as much as I can. So technically you owe me for half". That's when she told me to leave her vicinity and go get dinner. Something about me being in her presence making her ill. Haha.
I tried the whole "But i'm bringing something totally unique and vibrant into the home we SHARE" thing too.

It didn't work.

She eventually just gave up the fight.

"Why can't my wife see all of this stuff as an investment?"
Bushkill is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.