Any Interesting lfs's Near GR? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 02-26-2006, 03:32 AM   #16
tritan
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

yes , this place is really close to one of the orginal miejer stores. Speaking of Meijer its going under some big changes..

My 75 gallon thread.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ge...75-gallon.html
tritan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2006, 01:31 PM   #17
Otis
Algae Grower

Default Web site correction for Aquarium Services

Thanks, Matt for the enccouraging words. I am trying hard to develop the best live plant selection in MI. We take a pretty low tech approach on most tanks to encourage even the beginning hobbyist to give live plants a try. Thanks for bringing in your extra plants as well. I'm always eager to take trades on plants by hobbyists. I just thought I'd clear up the web site error. The site is www.aquariumservices.us Our hours currently are Tues. & Thursday from 3 - 8 and Saturday from 9 -2. We are out servicing our client's aquariums the rest of the time. If someone can't make those times I am available by appointment by calling the office at 616-667-2424.

Tim

P.S- now I guess I should consider becoming a site sponsor
Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #18
esarkipato
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (28/100%)
Send a message via MSN to esarkipato

Oh yea thanks a billion for the map! That's right by a curious world pet store, I know the area. If you could find weekly hours that would be awesome, but I will probably head there this saturday morning after the pwc's

29 Gallon Tank: 110W PC Lights, Milwaukee MA957 CO2, Fluorite/Sand Substrate, Checked into E.I. Rehab

MY RENA FILSTAR XP3 PIMPS ME! (#67)
esarkipato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:16 PM   #19
esarkipato
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
I am trying hard to develop the best live plant selection in MI
Sounds like you came to the right website, then Sorry 'bout my ignorant post, must have overlooked your post at the time.

I will definitely be coming by Saturday, with plants in hand!

29 Gallon Tank: 110W PC Lights, Milwaukee MA957 CO2, Fluorite/Sand Substrate, Checked into E.I. Rehab

Old 03-06-2006, 12:09 PM   #20
esarkipato
Wannabe Guru

Okay, I just visited Tim's place out there in Jenison, Aquarium Services. It's definitely a must-see store, and I can't believe this is the first I've heard of it! It seems that he is one of those guys who got aquarium-obsessed, and decided to take it to the next (highest!) level! I gotta say, I'm jealous Tim!

He's got a terrific stock of freshwater fish, most notably to me were some really healthy Bolivian Rams, and also some great looking flag fish! Not to mention rainbows, pencilfish, and of course cichlids!

As mentioned b4, the plants are NOT few and far between, in fact they are abundant considering the low-tech approach he is taking. I really appreciate a fish shop owner who is realistic about his limitations in keeping plants, kudos to you!

Well you can bet I'll be heading back that way soon enough!

Old 03-06-2006, 12:21 PM   #21
Otis
Algae Grower

Thanks, Ernie

It was a pleasure meeting you and talking plants. Your right about the obsession, although my aquarium obsession started about 38 years ago. I'm now in my 22nd. year of doing it professionally. Your welcome here any time and planted tank forum members will always get a great deal.

Tim
Old 03-06-2006, 10:26 PM   #22
jmelnek
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

I am defineately going to have to make the drive and visit your gallery. I live in Mt. Pleasant but I am always looking for nice weekend drive.

Question for you though. What plants are you looking for in trade?

Thanks,

Josh

MiAPG (Michigan Aquatic Plant Group) - Join today!
jmelnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #23
Otis
Algae Grower

I'm not too particular, as we can find a home for just about anything. As Ernie said, we are taking a low tech approach right now, so we are not looking for a lot of high light plants, although we can handle some. My main objective is to get more people inspired to create live plant aquariums in the West Michigan area. Having a place to bring your excess plants hopefully be an encouragement.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Tim
Old 03-07-2006, 12:29 PM   #24
Otis
Algae Grower

By the way, the Grand Valley Aquarium Club's Spring Auction is coming up on April 1st. Lots of plants are usually available. Check out www.grandvalleyaquariumclub.org. Our Monthly meeting is this week Saturday at the Holiday Inn Express at 68th and US131. Starts at 7pm and everyone is welcome. A mini auction of plants and fish happens at each meeting.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #25
esarkipato
Wannabe Guru

tim, is (pre)registration required for those going to shop, not to sell?

Old 03-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #26
Otis
Algae Grower

Ernie,

I'm assuming your talking about the Spring Auction? Actually, you don't have to pre-register for either, but if you're selling and have 50 items it's helpful to be able to pre-label them at home.

Tim
Old 03-09-2006, 04:08 AM   #27
jmelnek
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis
By the way, the Grand Valley Aquarium Club's Spring Auction is coming up on April 1st. Lots of plants are usually available. Check out www.grandvalleyaquariumclub.org. Our Monthly meeting is this week Saturday at the Holiday Inn Express at 68th and US131. Starts at 7pm and everyone is welcome. A mini auction of plants and fish happens at each meeting.
Marked in my calandar. I think that I am going to auction off my 2 yo-yo's and a bristlenose pleco.

MiAPG (Michigan Aquatic Plant Group) - Join today!
jmelnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #28
tritan
Planted Tank Obsessed

Last few weeks around the house have been a blur and I missed the fish auction. Let me know when it comes around again guys.

Have to stop by Tim's place shortly and check out whats new. Its been a whole month since I stopped last!!

By the way tim the angels are doing great with the clown loaches!!! might have to pick up another pair of loaches!

My 75 gallon thread.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #29
tritan
Planted Tank Obsessed

Last few weeks around the house have been a blur and I missed the fish auction. Let me know when it comes around again guys.

Have to stop by Tim's place shortly and check out whats new its been a whole month since I stopped last!!

By the way tim the angels are doing great with the clown loaches!!! Might have to pick up another pair of loaches!

My 75 gallon thread.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #30
figgy
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

O YAY!

A good-sounding fish store right here?!! It'll have to be a Saturday.....any freshwater shriimp?

Bringing buckets, nets, and wallett!

Figgy

Silver Supporter of The Planted Tank Forum!
figgy is offline   Reply With Quote