The new Rt. 4 Aquarium - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New Jersey

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #76
Tars
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Hey,

I visited this sore at lest 3 weeks ago and the place is very presentable! The misty tank on the center is very cool!

I was wondering if you could do special orders or add these fish on you order list coz i can barely find them anywhere!

Pearl gourami
Sterbai cories
Kribs
Rams (bolivian and gbr's, i think i saw some gbr's when i went there but they're ballooned lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #77
Gatekeeper
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (96/100%)

I stopped in on a Monday night not too long ago. Fish weren't great looking, people were shouting across the store at each other, I tripped over two bags of substrate that were laying in the middle of an aisle.... total disarray. Seems like its still a teenage hangout.

I won't be visiting there again any time soon. Seems like when I do visit, nothing has changed since my last visit.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #78
cdwill
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tars View Post
Pearl gourami
Sterbai cories
Kribs
Rams (bolivian and gbr's, i think i saw some gbr's when i went there but they're ballooned lol)
Absolutely Fish and Ely's usually have all of these
Old 02-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #79
Tars
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwill View Post
Absolutely Fish and Ely's usually have all of these
I saw nice looking gouramis on ely's and also gbr's but they're ballooned and sterbai cories are way too overpriced.

Went to absolutely fish once a month and i haven't seen pearl gouramis and sterbai cories, last time i visited they ran out of rams too.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #80
F22
Planted Tank Guru

@Tars:I can absolutely take special order for whatever your looking for. In fact those fish are going to be coming in for my Wednesday delivery.

@Gate: I'm surprised that you found the store in such strange shape, unfortunately most of the staff was away (including myself) at the global show and we were running a skeleton crew. I would really appreciate if you could try to make it in again and give it a shot when things are running better.

We did however have an opportunity to tour several fish farms and breeding facilities which will allow us to bring in a much higher quality fish at a competitive price.

@Gate (again) Sorry you didn't agree with the shape of the store things will be more to the level I want soon. Totally worth another shot. You do understand the mess we walked into it's been a bit of an uphill struggle and things are only getting better.

Thanks!

Mike
Old 03-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #81
Tars
Algae Grower

Cool Mike! Ill be visiting prolly Saturday (to go with the njas expo) and check it out! Hopefully you'll still have some by then!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #82
F22
Planted Tank Guru

awesome. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #83
F22
Planted Tank Guru

@Tars,

I just got in bolivian rams, electric blue rams, kribs, and sterbai cory cats (tank raised)
Old 03-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #84
Billy_Bass
Algae Grower

PTrader: (8/100%)

Mike

I stopped into your store today and picked up 2 bags of eco-complete, but it turns out you called out sick. After only 3 or 4 months work, the place is looking really nice! I was talking with your saltwater expert / builder for around a half hour and it seems like you guys have some amazing plans for the store. That batfish and the black tip reef shark are some cool fish.

One thing I noticed was that some of the fresh tanks in the middle section of the wall - around the spitting oscars - had a few floaters (actually they were sinkers). For me they were not a problem since I know how things go, but some other customers may be put off by it. I know it is still a work in progress, but maybe you can have someone on floater patrol

Good luck, great job, and I will stop in again soon!

Steve
Old 03-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #85
F22
Planted Tank Guru

yeah, those came in pretty rough and I was hoping we wouldn't have run into that issue... Plus I had taken ill yesterday so we were running skeleton. Unfortunately that's part of the business.

Keep coming in, there are more and more improvements to come!
Old 03-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #86
Caleb19
Planted Member

Stopped in to the store yesterday and I have to say I am quite impressed. All the fish looked great and the tanks were in good shape. Had the opportunity to chat it up with Mike (F22) a bit. It's refreshing to have someone in NJ who has a passion for the hobby and actually cares about how the store looks and is run. I'll definitely be visiting again soon. Keep up the good work Mike!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #87
Bushkill
Wannabe Guru

Gheez this is good news. Somebody has to give Absolutely Fish a run for their money.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #88
F22
Planted Tank Guru

thanks guys!
we are trying super hard to make it a shop that we would shop in
Old 05-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #89
mach_six
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I went to the store a few weeks ago, my friend purchased the biggest piece of driftwood they had for his 600 gallon.

I picked up a few coral frags from their system downstairs.

I was looking at one of the tanks, was that a very large congo tetra? I didn't think they got to like over 5"!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #90
Chrisinator
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Sweet! I definetely wished I still had my Vampire Crabs from F22's store. Hoping to go back there again when I get my license!
Closed Thread