Planted 3g Build - Amano Inspired - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 02-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #31
CPDzeke
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

I was at WOF yesterday. Got CPDs and some fantastic plants. I know who you're talking about, she's great.
ADA Gentleman #1
Treeless Mountain V3
CPDzeke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #32
Neatfish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

What size is that light?
Old 02-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #33
fraviz
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Just my 5 cents.... 3 gallons tank.... need nano fish.....
The only fish that belongs to the tank is the Scarlet badis.... all the others... need more space....
google nanofish .... and you will find a nice list of 1 inch or less fish that you can stock
fraviz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #34
Neatfish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

you know the kill fish need at least 20g.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #35
Jarek Strzechowski
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

The Killi pair will be moved to my 20g soon. My light is a 12" Finnex FugeRay, and I LOVE it. Good light output for a very good price.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #36
Jarek Strzechowski
Algae Grower

Even granted the tight fitting custom acrylic hood, the female has gone missing. Nowhere around the tank and nowhere to be found in the tank. Possibly wedged under the driftwood or some plant? Don't know. All else is eating and happy, they've found their corners and favorite places and are all calming down. After neon tetras eat their stomachs look all sharp funny and deformed, then before feeding them again the next day they look normal. I'll try and get some pictures bit is this normal?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #37
Jarek Strzechowski
Algae Grower

Default Update

My mini ecosystem has finally reached a balance Female australe jumped during a wc. But the male has settled down and is now enjoying his tank more than freaking out. Everybody's found their corners and have worked out whose territory is whose. It may still sound overstocked, but when you look at the pictures you can see that it's really not. They're no longer stressed and everybody is eating and interacting happy. I've even got my scarlet badis to eat crushed spirulina brine.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #38
Smitty06
Planted Member

Both of your scarlet badis are males, and neons really have to have a school. I don't think that the killies should be in there unless they were least killies. If you can, I would move that pleco into your 20 gallon so he has more room to grow.
Smitty06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #39
Jarek Strzechowski
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty06 View Post
Both of your scarlet badis are males, and neons really have to have a school. I don't think that the killies should be in there unless they were least killies. If you can, I would move that pleco into your 20 gallon so he has more room to grow.
There's only one gold killi and he's geting moved to the 20g tomorrow. I'll also be adding 2-3 more neons. The pleco will stay until he gets a little bigger, then he'll be moved to my 750g. Thanks for the info on the scarlets. My lfs told me i was getting a male and female and I should have been mores suspicious with all the info here saying females are rather hard to come by.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #40
CPDzeke
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You have a 750 gallon tank?
3g really isn't enough for a school of neons.
ADA Gentleman #1
Treeless Mountain V3
CPDzeke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #41
Clemsons2k
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Its no surprise to me why fish keep jumping out of your tank. Its still over stocked for that tiny of a size. I would keep the Badis "pair" and some shrimp, and thats it. Neons need atleast 20g and to be in groups of 5+. You can't keep 5 neons in a 3 gallon tank...
Clemsons2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #42
DefStatic
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsons2k View Post
Its no surprise to me why fish keep jumping out of your tank. Its still over stocked for that tiny of a size. I would keep the Badis "pair" and some shrimp, and thats it. Neons need atleast 20g and to be in groups of 5+. You can't keep 5 neons in a 3 gallon tank...
1 Inch per 1 gallon went way out the door :-\
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #43
Smitty06
Planted Member

An inch per gallon is not a real rule, it is good for a baseline, but for stocking in reality, it is pretty useless. I personally would fell comforable with about 5 or 7 microrasbora uropthalmoides, which is probably the smallest fish I have come across, even against chilis.
Smitty06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #44
Clemsons2k
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty06 View Post
An inch per gallon is not a real rule, it is good for a baseline, but for stocking in reality, it is pretty useless. I personally would fell comforable with about 5 or 7 microrasbora uropthalmoides, which is probably the smallest fish I have come across, even against chilis.
It may be a guideline, but there is still a recommended minimum tank size for fish. Its not fair to the fish to force them to live in such a small tank size, especially if it is a schooling fish. I personally don't think anything under 10 gallons should have fish in it, but I think of the situation from the fish's point of view . And I'm not even debating water parameters or quality here. You can overstock a tank and not poison them from cruddy water. Think of it like putting yourself in a garage and living in that small of a space for the rest of your life. Would be pretty miserable would it not?
Clemsons2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #45
STS_1OO
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Speaking of the fluval substrate (which was mentioned in the early parts of the thread), I'm a first time user here in my 5G tank (used Eco-Complete prior to this) and I've got to say that it is much more trouble to planted with. Its just too light causing plants to easily uproot.
STS_1OO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.