Anyone else have problems with UPS?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 02-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #1
PlantedTankLover
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Anyone else have problems with UPS?

So this is the 2nd time in a row UPS has lost a package of mine, and they are not small! The first one got lost somewhere at a sorting facility in Indianapolis, box weighed 80 pounds, and today they said they delivered my 4' long light bulbs to my door, was home all day, and they NEVER came. Anyone else have problems with them?

12 pristella tetras, 23 cardinal tetra, 8 amano shirmp, 2 bamboo/flower shrimp, 1 mystery snail, 2 nerite snails, several assassin snails and cherry shrimp.
PlantedTankLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
l8nite
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

I think it's highly variable depending on your local warehouse and sorting facilities on the way unfortunately. I have had nothing but good experiences with UPS. FedEx on the other hand...
l8nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

I've had issues with all three. For the most part, 98%, USPS and UPS are good. FedEx can suck it on the other hand.
EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #4
Couesfanatic
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (30/100%)

UPS delays my deliveries every single time. They ALWAYS change my delivery date back. I can't stand the brown box breakers.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
Dx3Bash
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)

UPS keeps delivering our packages to the wrong address. Same house number, but different street name. Nothing like having Christmas packages showing "delivered" on their tracking system and yet nothing was at our door. Worse yet, my new new fluval 306 and my recent plant order, misdelivered. Thank goodness the people they keep delivering our stuff to are nice honest people. You would think they'd get it straight eventually. When possible we request FedEx. Much better service and most things arrive one day faster than UPS. Post office, no thank you. I actually like to track and know where my stuff is. FedEx all the way for us. Keep in mind, FedEx has only been in the groud business for a little over 12 years and they a growing fast (for a good reason). UPS has been in the ground parcel business for 100 years. You'd think they would be able to read an address by now.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:24 AM   #6
Rob in Puyallup
Opae Ula Crazed.

Default Re: Anyone else have problems with UPS?

FedEx is the worse for me.

Back last December I had a package of 100 shrimp delivered by the company. I kept a close eye on Tracking. When it said that the package had been delivered and it wasn't at my door, I started walking the neighborhood. It was left outside on a porch several doors down. The address on the package was correct, the deliverer wasn't.

Upon return home, after I opened the box to check on the contents, I wrote a complaint email to the company.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
Rob in Puyallup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
hydrophyte
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (141/100%)

For me UPS seems to be really rough on packages. I have received several UPS deliveries with contents damaged.
hydrophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
Calmia22
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

UPS and Fedex both will state that there was no one available at the business (it's my home not a business) and the packages will not require signing off on, so they could just simply leave them at the door but no, I just get issues.
Fluval Flora Pimp #34, 40b Congo Puffer Tank,
75 Gallon High Tech
Calmia22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #9
marko d
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I like anything as long as it's not USPS. So exciting to think if that package doesn't come today, as expected, I won't see it until Tuesday evening. Their tracking is atrocious, to say the least.

I have packages come from NY, CA, WA via UPS/FedEx quicker than I can get priority mail from St. Louis, MO, and I'm in the Des Moines area.
marko d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:28 AM   #10
aluka
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/96%)

I rarely have issue with USPS, but fedex..... omg =( they hate me!
aluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #11
PlantedTankLover
Planted Tank Obsessed

It just seams that most things I buy online now are being shipped with UPS. I'm at the point where I will no longer buy something if that is the only shipping option. I was more then upset when I called ups and they told me to contact the shipper about the problem. I bluntly said, how is it the shippers problem that you lost my package and marked it as delivered to me when it wasn't. So I still have no bulbs on my tank.

12 pristella tetras, 23 cardinal tetra, 8 amano shirmp, 2 bamboo/flower shrimp, 1 mystery snail, 2 nerite snails, several assassin snails and cherry shrimp.
PlantedTankLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:03 AM   #12
moto826
Algae Grower

Default Re: Anyone else have problems with UPS?

I like ups but will never use fed ex ever they can't find my house ever and I have to pick up my stuff last time I asked if they would hire my drunk monkey he can read a GPS

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
moto826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #13
Elyssa
Planted Member

Any packages I receive from UPS look as though they have been through a war by the time they arrive. I'd like to order bulbs on line, but if they are the only shipping option it's a no go. Don't need the hassle!
Elyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #14
dastowers
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default NO USPS for me.

I have to say...my Shrimp were lost in transit from CA to OH by the Post Office it was an Overnight/Express Package. Got it two days after shipment. Thank goodness I ordered from a GREAT seller here on TPT and he packaged those babies like he was shipping a Tiffany egg.

UPS always gets it right.

Last edited by dastowers; 02-17-2013 at 10:37 PM..
dastowers is offline   Reply With Quote