1st real post... 30G Breeder
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 02-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
Pyrojodge
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
Cool

1st real post... 30G Breeder

Hello All!

I have been a lurker here for many years and finally decided that today I would post what I have been working on. I have a 30G Breeder with Twin t5 HO lights and CO2 injection. I have a Penguin 350B HOB filter and a Coralia power head to keep the water moving. I started with 4 dwarf puffers I now have 8 thanks to them being happy and liking to breed. Other tank mates are two Ottos, 1 clown plecostomus, 5 rasboras, 5 glowlight tetras, 5 cardinal tetras, and one tiger barb. I also have 3 albino corys in there. There is also loads of Rilli shrimp, tiger shrimp, and 2 bamboo shrimp. The tank has been setup for 2 years and has been running strong other then one malfunction with the co2 regulator which was gassing the tank and I had one of the worse algae blooms and PH swings I have ever dealt with. I pretty much gutted the tank and I have been steadily bringing the tank back for 5 months now and am trying to build up my plants again after clear cutting the tank to stop the algae...

Now some photos...

before...

Now upon rebirth!!!

I also had hundreds of cherries but the gassing made them extinct...

Thanks for all of the great information and I hope to contribute and keep the pictures coming.

I have a 220 that I will be setting up as soon as I get the supports and stand ready!
Pyrojodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 03:25 AM   #2
pianofish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

I really like this tank size. Your tank looks great! Keep it up broski!
pianofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:35 AM   #3
DaveMcKenz
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Nice! It does look like a young tank with plenty of perfectly bare substrate. In my tank of 20 years, there is no substrate visible, much to my chagrin. The value of your tank will emerge in 3-6 months, when we see what evolves.
Best of luck,
Dave
DaveMcKenz is offline   Reply With Quote