College station fish! Need rehoming!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Texas

Old 02-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
bpb
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

College station fish! Need rehoming!

Tried this a year or two ago. No interest. They're still alive fat and healthy. Need to rehome 5 Buenos Aires Tetras. Not really looking for money but would gladly take some plant trimmings in trade! Be aware they are plant eaters so know that depending on what tank they would go in. Let me know if you want them. I can't renovate my tank until they're gone! Thanks y'all.
bpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
bpb
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Bumpity bump! Still looking to rehome these guys.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
JasterMake
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default College station fish! Need rehoming!

Your not the only one in college station trying to get rid of BA tetras. Those things can tear up a plant if they like the way it tastes.

They don't touch my banana plant, moneywort or most of my aponogetons.

Good luck.
JasterMake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:09 AM   #4
bpb
Planted Tank Enthusiast

For me, they literally ate everything. Even moss. When I got them it was a fish only tank. I bought a school of 20 of them about 4 years ago. I tell you. With a hardscape only tank. A big pack of those things looked actually pretty amazing. Very tight schoolers. Over the years with filter failures, heater failures, tank moves and what not I lost most of them. Several I'm convinced to old age. Luckily I eventually found a home for the last 5. Some lady that I don't believe is on this site. No planted tanks just a house full of cycled fish only tanks so I felt like they at least went to a place they could live out their days. I turned down a couple Craigslist people when they asked stuff like "do they need a filter or can they just go in a regular goldfish bowl. Lol. Best of luck. Try Craigslist. There are actually quite a few hobbyists in this town, most of them just don't post online much.