PAR throughout aquarium?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 02-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
CHOMPPPPP
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

PAR throughout aquarium?

I have a 20g long. pressurized co2. rootmedic tabs. macro & micro dosing. not heavily planted. Just an ozelot sword and vals for now. 2xt5ho Catalina fixture suspended 27'' above substrate, which I previously had it at 18" above substrate a week ago. Ive read hoppys chart, excellent job. However I am having co2 issues at the moment, very slow/stunted/disformed growth. I cannot raise those levels anymore or fish suffer. I am wondering if I should use hoppys chart to aim for a certain par at the substrate, at the top of the tank, in the middle.
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
Steve001
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

post a photo please
Steve001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
Hoppy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (74/100%)

The charts are all based on PAR at the substrate. For low light, that means around 20-30 micromols of PAR at the substrate. The higher in the tank you go, the higher the PAR, and near the ends of the tank, the PAR might be a bit lower. We can't independently set the lighting for a specific PAR at more than one place in the tank, so I chose the substrate, near the middle of the tank, as the place to measure to rate lights.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
CHOMPPPPP
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Cool. thanks for the quick response. I plan on posting pics when i get some free time. hard to do with 2 jobs and a family if u know what i mean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.