Ebay , what happens during disputes?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 02-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
stevenjohn21
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

Ebay , what happens during disputes?

At the start of January i decided to help my sister out by selling some of her baby clothes since she as at work and i had the month off. Fast forward a week and all were sold, everybody paid apart from one buyer. I noticed that she was from Brazil and the auction clearly stated " Ships to U.S residents only" so i wrote to her explaining that i would not ship to Brazil and the clothes would be offered to the next highest bidder. She replied back saying "No, no ! please dont do that. I have a friend who lives in the U.S so please ship to her address and she will ship to me in Brazil.
I agreed and on the 5th Jan i sent her package to her friend, 1 week later she gives me negative feedback saying "no communication, stole my money" I sent her a message explaining that i did send the package and if she wanted the tracking number i would send it to her, I got no response.

Today is the 4th week since she bought the clothes and i recieve an email again from her saying she is taking action because i am a "deadbeat who steals peoples money" I started doubting myself for a minute thinking the package might not have been delivered or somehow got lost so i looked up the tracking number and double checking her friends address that she gave me. It was delivered 10th Jan to her friend.

Now paypal have sent me all kinds of dispute paperwork and to be honest i have no idea what to do. Im mad that she gave me a nagative feedback (my first one) but im even madder that i now have to read this "book" and waste time settling something that i know was delivered by UPS.

Has this happened to anyone before ? What do i do ?

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” -Gary Linekar

"Some people are on the pitch! They think it's all over! It is now, it's four!" -Kenneth Wolstenholme
stevenjohn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
Jeffww
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Go through with the procedure. Chances are you'll come out okay. In the worst case you refund the person.
Jeffww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
herns
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (231/100%)
Default Re: Ebay , what happens during disputes?

It would be a long fight getting to ebay customer service explaining what happened but you'll win. Make sure you have those emails to support your claims.

Sent from HTC One device using Tapatalk2
herns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

If you can document you did everything righteous and Ebay will not do the right thing, I suggest you close out the ebay acct.

If you want to sell in the future open another acct.

I've been shopping ebay for over 10 years. If a vendor has 1000 sales and 1 or 2 negs I don't care. If they have 5 sales and a neg. I most likely will move on.

Ebay unlike TPT is not a tight knit community. I understand you point of honor but, I don't think ebay is worth stressing out over.
DogFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Did you do all your emails through ebay? Then they have a record of it all and the reason not to use external email's as they can be faked, spoofed, and you have to get the email provider in on it to prove the emails were real.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
GeToChKn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
ThatGuyWithTheFish
perugiae

PTrader: (23/100%)

I remember once I sold some trading cards without mentioning that some were damaged (I was young and forgot to). The buyer was pissed, and got a full refund. However, they only sent me the damaged ones, keeping a lot for themselves, which is against the rules for refunds. I should have gotten some of my money back, but I stupidly made my name my initials instead my full name (again, I was young) so I couldn't. XP

"Boulders-Upon-Meadow"

My Golden Rule of planted tanks: WWTAD-
"What would Takashi Amano do?"

RAOK Club #69

Last edited by Darkblade48; 02-05-2013 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: Watch the language please - circumventing the filter in the manner you have done is also not allowed
ThatGuyWithTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:15 AM   #7
plantbrain
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (256/100%)

This is a scam for the sellers. The auction goes ONLY to what you state in the auction, no 3rd parties.

The friend likely was the scammer, or a neighbor. Then they try and get the $ back via ebay also. Ebay should fix this because of the records. So go through the process. And never agree to ship to 3rd parties or unverified addresses etc.

They either send the stuff back, or they do not get the $ back.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:28 AM   #8
stevenjohn21
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

All emails were sent via ebay, i never thought about ebay having them on record... good point thank you.
It does seem like a scam and the more i look into it the more i see it could be..... the buyer has a fairly new account with only 12 purchases although none are negative.
Looking back now im kicking myself for agreeing to send it to "her friend", i only did it because i thought i was helping someone out less fortunate.

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” -Gary Linekar

"Some people are on the pitch! They think it's all over! It is now, it's four!" -Kenneth Wolstenholme
stevenjohn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #9
mordalphus
These pants? are fancy.

PTrader: (272/100%)

I also had someone in Brazil try to scam me on ebay, maybe its the new thing there.

Just do the paperwork and use your evidence, it's silly, but you'll get your money back eventually. Only way you don't get your money back is if they have already closed their paypal and ebay account.

My favorite scam is when they use the credit card linked to their account to run up a huge bill, and then call their credit card company to dispute the charges, then eBay and paypal just say "oh well, we can't do anything". That's a cool trick that's been played on me a couple times.

Oh the things you learn while doing business on the internet.
mordalphus is offline   Reply With Quote