Spixi snails
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 01-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
ShyShrimpDoc
ScrimpMaster

PTrader: (10/100%)

Spixi snails

I have too many 4/$1 or trade for really small fish, plants or shrimp. Local only, I am nit sure these can legally be shipped out of state.
ShyShrimpDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
ShyShrimpDoc
ScrimpMaster

Question

In talking to Scotty I think these might be hybrids. So if you are OK with hybrids I will go 10/$1 or make me an offer. I am going to get rid of these and get some from him. If they still eat plants then I guess my plants are just too tasty.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
ShyShrimpDoc
ScrimpMaster

Life's little ironies. Scotty got his from Denver tank collector who got his from me. So if Scotty's don't eat plants and DTC doesn't have an issue I guess mine must just be starving, or my plants are very tasty. Probably the starving one, I keep my tanks really clean and I am always pulling out empty Spixi shells. Will go 10/$1 just to get my population to a healthier level. Also will trade for tiger or leopard nerites.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
rodcuda
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Try giving them some veggie sticks, my snails love them. Even the assassins.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #5
ShyShrimpDoc
ScrimpMaster

I have been putting blanched zucchini in the tanks but it doesn't last long. 24-48 hrs for 1/6 a zucchini, some tanks are getting 2 chunks. I also put raw pasta for them. They seem to do best in the tank with the salvini. That tank stays dirtier than the rest. I have moved most of them there. I just sent about 20 over to Denver tank collector to send out in tanks that are going for local schools. That will help some. I still have quite a few more than I want and we are just going into breeding season.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
DenverTankCollector
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Clean tanks

ShyShrimpDoc keeps her tanks so clean that the shrimp have to put on little bibs before she will feed them. Its cute, but no wonder the Spixi snails have to eat her plants to survive....... I now have 7 flag fish in a 55 tank that was full of black hair algae, they have cleaned it up in less than 2 weeks, I may rent out my school of flag fish to others with algae problems.

Shy came by to drop off the Spixi snails and they all were happy to be in dirty tanks, they joined antennas, said a little grace and then went to work on the bottom of the tank to gourge themselves on the litter on the bottom of my tanks.
Tanks: 2@100, 2@75 12@55, 5@40, 2@30, 30@29, 45@20, 10@10, auto water change system, all planted, endangered and extinct in the wild fish, many C.A.R.E.S list, lots and lots of angels and anything challenging. Currently have many Killifish (Blue Gularis & 6 other types) and growing Desert gobys. My hobby is changing water.... +koi pond, planted outdoor tanks in garden.
DenverTankCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #7
ShyShrimpDoc
ScrimpMaster

On the flip side those baby angels are in paradise. The only other fish in the tank with them are thread fins and they don't eat from the top. I may want to trade a pleco with you though. I have an adult albino long fun who no longer has a taste for algae. I like the babies that eat their weight in the green stuff every chance they get. The little guys are having a blast making up for the adults laziness. I don't know the gender of the adult though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.