Paintball CO2 - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 01-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #16
jester56
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Pev's, eh? You must be in Virginia close to Mike Peverill's shops. Ooops. Duh. Saw your ID. That is one heavy duty reg. Offboard solenoid? Niiice! FWIW, I like it! And it looks like you have the room to change over to a larger CGA320 tank if you care to. But you've got one of the nicer PB CO2 rigs that I've seen. Good work!
Nikon Pimp #084
"The legal quarter of tight lipped men, push for order, then repeat again." KTP
jester56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #17
hbosman
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester56 View Post
Pev's, eh? You must be in Virginia close to Mike Peverill's shops. Ooops. Duh. Saw your ID. That is one heavy duty reg. Offboard solenoid? Niiice! FWIW, I like it! And it looks like you have the room to change over to a larger CGA320 tank if you care to. But you've got one of the nicer PB CO2 rigs that I've seen. Good work!
I used to get refills at a Pev's store in Sterling VA. It's closed down now but, he still has a big paintball park off of route 15. I use a 5 lb cylinder now since the new stand has more space.
hbosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #18
jester56
Planted Member

Wow! You must live "near" Dulles. I was going to the big paintball industry conference at the end of the month at the National Conference Center. Get my certifications updated. But my wife seems to think my chemo is more important. Go figure! Lol! I started out getting a PB adapter, but when I filled a customer's brand new 5 lb aluminum CGA320 tank, that was it!
Nikon Pimp #084
"The legal quarter of tight lipped men, push for order, then repeat again." KTP
jester56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #19
hbosman
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester56 View Post
Wow! You must live "near" Dulles. I was going to the big paintball industry conference at the end of the month at the National Conference Center. Get my certifications updated. But my wife seems to think my chemo is more important. Go figure! Lol! I started out getting a PB adapter, but when I filled a customer's brand new 5 lb aluminum CGA320 tank, that was it!
If I had to do it over again, I would get a 5 or 10 lb steel tank. Since the regulator hangs horizontally off to the side, it wants to topple over when the cylinder gets empty. The steel tank would be heavier so, probably would balance better. Steel is cheaper so, that would be a plus. Anyway, I prop it in the corner of the stand, haven't had any issues once I realized the problem. If I were to do it properly, I would use a strap of some sort to hold it in place.
hbosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #20
Tvadna
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)

Should have kept my mouth shut. Woke up today to find my entire 30 gallon tank full of german blue ram fry dead. Careful what you're thankful for! (See last post of mine in this thread)

This maybe the worst timing ever.... Aparently my 5lb. CO2 tank was running on EMPTY and dumped all of its CO2 into my 30gal Long tank that housed my german blue ram fry and parents. Seafood soup again anyone? This happened the day after my paintball CO2 killed off my endlers/cherry shrimp tank. (on the plus side I have a shrimp and three endler fry still kicking)

I sucked up/netted 57 dime sized gbr fry (5weeks old) and mom and dad today. I'm not angry that it happened, just at a loss right now. Sure it could have amounted to a few hundred bucks in profit but the biggest loss is the change in routine I have going on... I'm used to alternating 2 bbs hatcheries to feed the little ones, feeding them 3+ times a day and monitering conditions on the reg.

If anyone runs pressurized CO2... CHANGE YOUR TANK BEFORE IT HITS E!
If you already know this.. laugh it up. I effed up hard!
Tvadna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #21
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Ouch. A second disaster in 2 days. Sorry again for your losses.

On a lighter note, perhaps it is time to upgrade to a dual stage regulator so you won't have to worry about running a CO2 cylinder down to emptiness?

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #22
Ziabis
Algae Grower

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
I wasted a full bottle when I hand tighten it, of course the leak was a ninja and the bottle went empty over night. Mine is running smoothly ever since I used two wrench for the connections.

Here my paintball set up. The JT IVT paintball tank is a new product they came out with that has a level indicator. You can see how much liquid Co2 you have left. They also have the burst disc on the tank rather than the threads. You ASA On/Off guys are brave, I jump at the very sound of my solenoid coming on. DINK!

Hello, I am extremely new to aquariums and CO2. I just thought of this today myself as I used to play Paintball. Could you please help me? I would like to know if you can tell me the pieces you used and how you put them all together. I would very much appreciate help. Thank you.

Sort of consider me like a CO2 for dummies... I have a local paintball store so I can easily get the pieces. But I love your set up.

One big question I have is-> how long would a 20oz cannister last for a 29G medium planted tank last?
Thank you all so much...
Ziabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #23
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

^answered in pm.

My set up is too expensive and you would probably be better off with a custom build one or that Aquatek Paintball Co2 regulator.
FlyingHellFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #24
Ziabis
Algae Grower

Smile

If I went with a 5lb CO2 canister and use this Milwaukee MA957, do I need any kind of adapter to retro fit the 5lb canister to the Milwaukee MA957? Are these 2 married to each other, no adapter required?

I read that I MIGHT need
Regulator Bottle Adapter CGA 320?

Thank you...
Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #25
Darkblade48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziabis View Post
If I went with a 5lb CO2 canister and use this Milwaukee MA957, do I need any kind of adapter to retro fit the 5lb canister to the Milwaukee MA957? Are these 2 married to each other, no adapter required?

I read that I MIGHT need
Regulator Bottle Adapter CGA 320?

Thank you...
No, the Milwaukee MA957 comes with a CGA320 nut and nipple and will fit onto a standard sized CO2 cylinder.

The Milwaukee MA957 will not fit onto paintball cylinders without an adapter.

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #26
Ziabis
Algae Grower

Smile

Thank you Darkblade. I actually did order the regulator assuming
that it came with the CGA 320 fitting.

Now my issue is finding a 5lb cylinder some where in London, Ontario.

Any ideas?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #27
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

Hey, PM Darkblade - there is a list of vendors in Ontario that he has in his post but I can't remember where it was. Can't find it but he probably knows where it is.

Price around our neck of the woods is about 23 dollars for a 5lb, but remember that you need to bring that baby home and not leave it in the car on a hot day. My 5lb lasted a bit over a year so it won't be such a hassle to refill it.

PS - That green text sure looks good on you,
FlyingHellFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:58 AM   #28
Darkblade48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziabis View Post
Thank you Darkblade. I actually did order the regulator assuming
that it came with the CGA 320 fitting.

Now my issue is finding a 5lb cylinder some where in London, Ontario.

Any ideas?
Last time I checked, London Fire Equipment would refill CO2 cylinders (though their price was very high). They likely sell CO2 cylinders as well,so it is worth checking. They are open Monday through Fridays, 8 am - 5 pm.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:12 AM   #29
jstehman
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

^hbosman Nice!

I just saw that adapter at the homebrew shop today and made me think of TPT...